Photo Hitler,Bormann,Heydrich and sister of Wagner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by max history View Post
    Here's the best I can do at the moment as most of my Heydrich photos are not immediately accessible. In this photo, from memory, Himmler is expressing birthday greetings to Hitler for his birthday from the SS leadership. All senior SS officers in this photo are wearing aguillettes. I know this as I have seen other photos from this event. Unfortunately, in this shot, Heydrich's cannot be seen, but he is wearing it.
    (Left to right: Heissmeyer, Daluege, Himmler, Heydrich, Nebe, Wolff, Best, Lorenz, von Alvensleben, Pancke.)
    Max.
    Thank you very much for the photo and information. If you find or am able to trace other photos of this scene, post them please.

Comment

I don't think it's Heydrich either. Here's the best pic i have of him,if it helps. Stewy
      Attached Files

Comment

Thank you all for assistance. Unfortunately I do not have a scanner and the photo I posted is not beautiful, but Heydrich was a great friend of Wagner's sister and her family. Many times Hitler went home with Wagner Heydrich to make connections with high society.
        Kruger.

Comment

Originally posted by Kruger1933 View Post
          .....Heydrich was a great friend of Wagner's sister and her family. Many times Hitler went home with Wagner Heydrich to make connections with high society.
          Kruger.
          Sorry, and I'm not sure whether or not you mean it the way it comes across, but this is nonsense. The singer, composer and father of Reinhard Heydrich, Bruno Heydrich, was acquainted with Cosima Wagner, the daughter of Franz Liszt and the second wife of Richard Wagner. She retired from directing the Bayreuth Festival in 1906 due to health reasons and she died in 1930. Hitler was a great admirer of Wagnerian music and was a patron of the Bayreuth Festival where this photo was taken. The woman in the photo is Winifred Wagner, the daughter-in-law of Cosima and Richard Wagner, and the widow of Siegfried Wagner. She was a fervent Nazi and Hitler supporter. There is also the suggestion that Hitler and Winifred had an illicit affair. It is doubtful that Reinhard Heydrich ever met Cosima Wagner as anything other than a very young child and any connection with the Wagner dynasty was at a distance after the Nazis had come to power and only through the Bayreuth Festival.
          Max.

Comment

I did not think that a simple photo could get infromazioni many useful and interesting.
            Thanks again to all,Kruger.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,961 at 05:23 PM on Today.

Working...
            X