Many thanks in advance
    Attached Files

Comment

5. (Not sure on this one)
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by HouweTrouwe View Post
        5. (Not sure on this one)
        You might prefer to post these 3 as a seperate thread so those with an interest in citations can help. And can you post images of the whole citations to enable members to narrow down the respective officers by knowing the dates & units involved.

With regards to Number 5 I have 4 Oberst's as commanders of 9 Pz Division - Oberst Erwin Jollasse from July to Sept 1943 & again in October 1943, Oberst Dr Johannes Schulz from Oct to Nov 1943, Oberst Max Sperling from Aug to Sept 1944 & Oberst Zollenkopf was in command from 6th March 1945 to 26 April 1945. Looking at the signature I would say that it belongs to Jollasse.
        Number 2 might be Oberst Ludwig Schmahl (I am assuming it is Pz Rgt 33) but knowing the date on the citation will help.
        Last edited by hucks216; 07-29-2010, 05:36 PM.

Comment

I agree with hucks216: signature no 5 could be Jollasse. No 2 (Dr.)Kindermann is also OK

but with no 3 I have problems to read.

Gerdan

Comment

Originally posted by Jan7 View Post
            Rick, I ellaborate your image for its helps:

• 8108 (obviously)
            • Seems that the last word is "Inf", but I'm sure.
            My transcription are: 8108 ub _ _ a? 6 or b Inf

Jan
            Thanks allot Jan!
            I'm collecting anything related to the towns Castricum and Bakkum during WWII.
            Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.
            My website: Gotrick.nl

Comment

Any help with a summary of this letter would be appreciated.

Thanks Andy
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Admiraal View Post
                Thanks allot Jan!
                You are wellcome, Rick!

Jan.

Comment

# 1409

short summary:

the letter is a clean bill of character/good reputation for a young girl named Irmgard Flemmer, born 2.5.1919 in Hagen. Her father is a locomotive driver with the German Reichsbahn.
                  Her profession is salesperson. The social and financial situation of her family is good, even their political attitude.- Also the girl feels in the sense of the NS State. She wants to get married with a soldier of the 5 Co Inf Rgt. 80. - So the Army/Regiment asked the local mayor of Hagen for a bill of character of her.

Gerdan

Comment

Originally posted by Gerdan View Post
                    # 1409

short summary:

the letter is a clean bill of character/good reputation for a young girl named Irmgard Flemmer, born 2.5.1919 in Hagen. Her father is a locomotive driver with the German Reichsbahn.
                    Her profession is salesperson. The social and financial situation of her family is good, even their political attitude.- Also the girl feels in the sense of the NS State. She wants to get married with a soldier of the 5 Co Inf Rgt. 80. - So the Army/Regiment asked the local mayor of Hagen for a bill of character of her.

Gerdan
                    Thankyou Gerdan

Comment

Infantry Regiment 80

Hi,

That's interesting Gerdan. So the girl not only had to please the young soldiers parents, but she had to please the army as well. I wish I could find documents related to this regiment. I have several WW I postcards and an old grammaphone record with two marches on it, all belonging to this regiment. The only WW 2 thing I have is a portrait of an officer in this regiment.

Comment

Originally posted by hucks216 View Post
                        You might prefer to post these 3 as a seperate thread so those with an interest in citations can help. And can you post images of the whole citations to enable members to narrow down the respective officers by knowing the dates & units involved.

With regards to Number 5 I have 4 Oberst's as commanders of 9 Pz Division - Oberst Erwin Jollasse from July to Sept 1943 & again in October 1943, Oberst Dr Johannes Schulz from Oct to Nov 1943, Oberst Max Sperling from Aug to Sept 1944 & Oberst Zollenkopf was in command from 6th March 1945 to 26 April 1945. Looking at the signature I would say that it belongs to Jollasse.
                        Number 2 might be Oberst Ludwig Schmahl (I am assuming it is Pz Rgt 33) but knowing the date on the citation will help.
                        Dear Hucks,

Currently not due some reasons (to publish the whole documents). The awarddata is 17.7.1943. It certainly does look like it is signed by Jollasse.

Number 3 has been awarded on 25 March '43. Many thanks in advance. Gerdan, I thank you also.

Comment

I have been able to compare Jollasse's signature from a book with the one you posted and it is his.
                          With regards to Number 2 possibly being Oberst Ludwig Schmahl, I am basing my judgement on being able to make out the 'hl' at the end, and I have seen other signatures (from different commanding officers etc) where they have signed the 'h' in a similar way to that shown in your post, and Schmahl was CO of Pz Rgt 33 in 1943.

Comment

Originally posted by hucks216 View Post
                            I have been able to compare Jollasse's signature from a book with the one you posted and it is his.
                            With regards to Number 2 possibly being Oberst Ludwig Schmahl, I am basing my judgement on being able to make out the 'hl' at the end, and I have seen other signatures (from different commanding officers etc) where they have signed the 'h' in a similar way to that shown in your post, and Schmahl was CO of Pz Rgt 33 in 1943.
                            According to PA-Forum he wasn't anymore after 19.03.1943 until 4 April '43 again. I've one more document from 22.3.1943 with the same signature as doc 2 (nr3).

Kdr. Pz.Rgt.33 00.03.43- 19.03.43
                            Kdr. Pz.Rgt.33 04.04.43- 10.04.44

Comment

Who do PA-Forum say took over from him from the 19th March 1943, and for those 16 days between his appointments where did Schmahl go? Unless he went on leave I wouldn't be surprised if he remained within the vicinity of Pz Rgt 33 HQ and still signed documents as Regimental Cdr - there are only 3 & 6 days difference from possibly stepping down as Cdr and the dates on the citations.
                              This is why you should of posted these as a separate thread as there are alot of urkunde collectors who could probably help solve this but probably haven't seen the signature posts as they are in the Translation section.

Comment

Originally posted by StuGIII View Post
                                Hi,

That's interesting Gerdan. So the girl not only had to please the young soldiers parents, but she had to please the army as well. I wish I could find documents related to this regiment. I have several WW I postcards and an old grammaphone record with two marches on it, all belonging to this regiment. The only WW 2 thing I have is a portrait of an officer in this regiment.
                                John

The letter is part of a group i have for the soldier,he later served in inf rgt 51,
                                18 infantry division which was wiped out in the Russian summer offensive 1944
                                lucky for him he escaped and survived the war.

Andy

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 18 users online. 0 members and 18 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X