Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Handwritten entires in Luftwaffe Soldbuch

Hi,

I recently bought a Luftwaffe Solduch/ Wehrpass set (Norway Signals/ Flak 1942 - July 1945) and am finding it fascinating. However, I've stalled at these handwritten entries. If anyone is able to decipher them I would be very grateful!

Best regards, Paul

Wehrpass entries:-
    Attached Files

Comment

Soldbuch entry:-
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by michael fay View Post
        can anyone read russian?
        I ve had these for years but don't have a russian dictionary, and the stylization of some letters has made it impossible to translate with google translator.

Some have military photos in them.

I would really like to know titles and authors names spelled out in english so i can do a bit of research.
        1. Агуреев К.В. Разгром белогвардейских войск Деникина.
        2. Муратов Х.И. Революционное движение в русской армии в 1917 году.
        3. Международная солидарность трудящихся в борьбе с наступлением реакции и военной опасностью (1925-1927).

Comment

Originally posted by PaulW View Post
          Hi,

I recently bought a Luftwaffe Solduch/ Wehrpass set (Norway Signals/ Flak 1942 - July 1945) and am finding it fascinating. However, I've stalled at these handwritten entries. If anyone is able to decipher them I would be very grateful!

Best regards, Paul

Wehrpass entries:-
          Top:
          Verteidigung der Bodenorgenisation militärischen und Wehrwirtschaftskreis Anlagen in Operationsgebiet Nord Finnlands des Bereiches der Luftflotte 5.<O</O
          Dabei Tage mit gefechtstätigkeiten und Feindeinwirkung.

Second:
          Ich habe diesen Wehrpass personlich geprüft. Nach meinem besten wissen und gewissen sind die einträgungen in diesen Wehrpass richtig. Dieser WEhrpass gehört zum (Name of soldier) in dessen besitz.<O</O
          I have personally checked this wehrpass, and to the best of my knowledge, all entries are correct. It’s in the possession of (soldier).<O</O
          <O</O

Third:
          Exactly same as second (above - perhaps give or take a word)

best,
          Hank
          Last edited by Hank C.; 05-20-2014, 09:05 AM. Reason: more info
          Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
          ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Many thanks!

Many thanks Hank, very kind of you to help. The 2nd and 3rd comments are perhaps not so exciting, but the top:-

"Verteidigung der Bodenorgenisation militärischen und Wehrwirtschaftskreis Anlagen in Operationsgebiet Nord Finnlands des Bereiches der Luftflotte 5.
            Dabei Tage mit gefechtstätigkeiten und Feindeinwirkung."

translates on 'Google Translate' as:-

"Defense of Bode Norge Nisa Transportation military and military industrial circuit systems in operational area of northern Finland the range of the air fleet 5
            In this day with activities and combat-enemy action."

The Solbuch owner Gerhard Seidenbecher had a very quiet war up in Norway and this was probably the only action he ever got!

Comment

thanks Magnus

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
              1. Агуреев К.В. Разгром белогвардейских войск Деникина.
              2. Муратов Х.И. Революционное движение в русской армии в 1917 году.
              3. Международная солидарность трудящихся в борьбе с наступлением реакции и военной опасностью (1925-1927).
              Magnus, thank you very much. I have been able to translate these now, and already learned a great deal about Agureev, K.V. this book was for officers studying tactics during their "civil war."
              Again, thanks

Comment

Any idea on this please guys?

Cheers !
                Attached Files

Comment

# 6540

" Braunschweig, 10.11.40

Meiner Schwägerin Christl, zum Andenken an Ihren Schwager Emil.

Wie vom Himmelszelt ein Fallschirmjäger fällt, so denkt Ihr an mich, denn der da fällt bin ich.

Emil"

Gerdan

Comment

Originally posted by Gerdan View Post
                    # 6540

" Braunschweig, 10.11.40

Meiner Schwägerin Christl, zum Andenken an Ihren Schwager Emil.

Wie vom Himmelszelt ein Fallschirmjäger fällt, so denkt Ihr an mich, denn der da fällt bin ich.

Emil"

Gerdan
                    Roughly:
                    My sister-in-law Christl, so you will think of your brother-in-law Emil
                    As a parachutist falls from heaven's tent, so you think of me, because it is I who falls (comes down, so to speak) there.

As it's sort of a poem, the translation can be a bit clunky.

best
                    Hank
                    Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.

Comment

Originally posted by Hank C. View Post
                      Roughly:
                      My sister-in-law Christl, so you will think of your brother-in-law Emil
                      As a parachutist falls from heaven's tent, so you think of me, because it is I who falls (comes down, so to speak) there.

As it's sort of a poem, the translation can be a bit clunky.

best
                      Hank
                      Thanks for the input guys

So its not FJ related then, more of a love letter type thing then ?

Cheers !

Comment

Originally posted by Totenhead View Post
                        Thanks for the input guys

So its not FJ related then, more of a love letter type thing then ?

Cheers !
                        It would appear whoever wrote it was (probably) a FJ. Not sure honestly why he'd write something like that to his sister-in-law - it does seem a tad personal.

best
                        Hank

Comment

Originally posted by Hank C. View Post
                          It would appear whoever wrote it was (probably) a FJ. Not sure honestly why he'd write something like that to his sister-in-law - it does seem a tad personal.

best
                          Hank
                          Hi Hank

Just put the translation that Gerdan kindly offered into Google translate and it comes up with this ?

" Braunschweig, 10:11:40

My sister Christl, in memory of your brother Emil.

As the heavens fall a paratrooper, so you think of me, because here I am the falls.

Emil "

makes more sense maybe ?? Braunschweig was a FJ school I believe, maybe the guy was writing to his sister ??

Cheers
                          Martin
                          Last edited by Totenhead; 05-22-2014, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Will anyone could help me?
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Magnus; 05-22-2014, 04:36 PM.

Comment

# 6546

"Paris 1942 - Unser Generalmajor Hansse - rechts von ihm der französische Marschal Hunziger"

Gerdan

Comment

I cannot 100% translate this, need a little help please.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 57 users online. 0 members and 57 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X