X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

His first name is Martin !

Gerdan

Comment

Thanks Gerdan! Here are a few more documents from that missing Luftwaffe man's belongings. TIA!

Comment

Originally posted by J Hardy View Post
        Thanks Gerdan! Here are a few more documents from that missing Luftwaffe man's belongings. TIA!
        Dear friends:

In first place, a great salute at all. I'm an spaniard. For more months, I suscribed at this amazing thread and read the post and enjoy, because one of my hobbies are the reading of old documents, as my job is a printman.

In second, J Hardy, your letter seems in my humble opinnion, an astral chart, note that are numerous references at time and dates, astronomical names as Jupiter, the Sun and a sucessive relation of future facts, always related at the time and the astronomical position. And note, in the first line, a inequivocal word: Horoscopus.....

Jan.
        Last edited by Jan7; 02-10-2010, 05:08 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

J Hardy,

as Jan told us this is a very detailed horocope for that lady Käte Doerr, born 30 Aug 1892 at 11 o'clock in the morning,and living in Kassel. The horoscope is so detailed that there is also a list of the animals or colors of the clothing which are oppertune for her or the plants she should have in her room.

Gerdan

Gerdan

Comment

Thanks Jan7 & Gerdan! There are quite a few packets of those papers in that Luftwaffe mans belongings. Everybody seemed to be into that stuff back then. Neat

Comment

Originally posted by J Hardy View Post
              Thanks Jan7 & Gerdan! There are quite a few packets of those papers in that Luftwaffe mans belongings. Everybody seemed to be into that stuff back then. Neat
              You are welcome, J hardy!

In effect....Is an extrange fascination proper of the epoch......-not only in Germany-

A bit off-toppic: You can extract the texts, with programs as Abby FineReader.....

Jan.

Comment

A few more from the Luftwaffe lot. I cannot even begin to imagine what they are -

Comment

translation

Not exactly LW stuff: #1:Nicht nur Sonnenschein und Regen, auch Freud' und Leid ist Gottes Segen. Not only sunshine and rain, but also joy and sorrow are God's blessing. Heidelberg, 20 March 1903 Kaetschen Probstel. #2: This a list of towns in the easy-to-read Latin script. #3: Sei in der Still' ein nuetzlich Teilchen der grossen schoenen Gotteswelt--In silence be a useful part of God's great and beautiful world... #4: der eine arm, der andre reich, vor Gott sind alle Menschen gleich... one is poor, the other rich, before God alle people are equal. Apparently writing practice. Her hand won't get slapped for this well-done job!

Comment

Those are Käthchen (little Katie) Probstel from Heidelberg's beautiful handwriting exercises for school, dated March 24, 1903

Comment

Hi Guys

Can anyone help me with this ?

Thanks
                      Shaun

Originally posted by Shaun Winkler View Post
                      Hi Guys

Please can you help me with the following.

I bought this FJ grouping a while back to a FJ soldier who was killed at the Neva river in 1941.

http://70.87.163.50/forums/showthread.php?t=336860

In the grouping there is this letter that he has written to his mother and I have always wondered what it has said. It looks difficult to read but maybe you guys would be able to tell me what he is saying.

Many Thanks
                      Shaun

Comment

Shaun
                        I will try to write down what I can read in German. It is not so easy because the writing of this guy is a bit strange.

Liebe Mutter, schicke Dir ein Bildchen, ich bin aber schlecht drauf weil ich nicht lächle. Hast Du den Kuchen(?) erhalten? Der hat 4,50 gekostet. Ich habe es (ihn) schon vor Weihnachten gekauft, ein Gelegenheitskauf, und ich dachte ich nehme ihn in Urlaub mit.
                        Aber ich bekommen scheinbar keinen Urlaub mehr, bevor es losgeht.
                        Sonst geht es mir gut und bin gesund, was ich auch von Euch hoffe. Wie schauts mit meinen Kleidern aus? Sind sie alle verfault oder waren sie in der Sonne?
                        Mutter, bitte schaust mir ein bischen drauf, denn ich kann das leider nicht tun. Ich werde nochmal ein Päckchen schicken, und dann habe ich auch viel zu viel Klamotten, alleweg(?) legts sie halt alle in einen leeren Koffer.

Recht herzliche Grüße von Eurem Sohn Sersch(?)
                        Aufwiedersehen.

Gerdan

Hope you will find someone who can translate the text for you.

Comment

translation

Dear Mom,
                          Sending you a little picture, but I don't look so good because I'm not smiling. Did you receive the cake? It cost 4 Marks 50. I got it before Christmas when I had the opportunity and I thought I'll take it with me on leave. But it doesn't look like I'll get any more leave before things get going.
                          Other than that I'm well and fit as I hope you all are, too. How does it look with my clothing? Was everything spoiled or were they in the sun? Mother, look into it a little for me, because I can't do it unfortunately. I'll send you another package, and I have way too many belongings anyway. Put them in an empty suitcase.
                          Best greetings from your son.
                          See you.

Comment

pauke

thank you very much for the translation. Sometimes for me it's easier to write down only the German text when I am in a hurry. For the translation I need more time.

Gerdan

Comment

Could some one give a ruff translation if possible please.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Any ideas as to what this is (the area circled in the photo)? It looks like something was issued monthly?

Swayne
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 168 users online. 0 members and 168 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X