Post your "translation needed" here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Gerdan,

Does the report mean that the 2 foreign prisoners raped the German woman?

Comment

John

it is not told if they raped her or if she agreed. Fact is that these two foreign men are in the KZ Buchenwald because they had sex with a German woman.
      There was a law in Germany that - even when the German woman agreed - foreign men (e. g. from Russia, Poland,...) had to be punished (KZ or even killed) when they had sex with her.

Gerdan

Comment

Woman

Thanks for the reply Gerdan. I understand now.

Comment

Translation please

Hello,
          Could I please get a translation on these.

Part of a lot of about 20 items to Afrika Corp. Leuteinet that fought, and maybe died at Tobruk? I think he was awrde EK 2nd Class? I'm not sure.
          A rough translation or synopsis wold be o.k.

I could also post more of the docs if you'd like. I will post 4 images right now.

Thank-you, John Pen.
          Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Mousey
                  this is what i use for typed letters.
                  http://www.freetranslation.com/
                  just type it in and hit translate...all free.
                  especially for quick synopsis.
                  Thanks, that will definately help.
                  John Pen.

Comment

I have been slowly translating a pile of paperwork that belonged to a Luftwaffe man. But I need some help with these. I have a hard enough time translating the typed stuff. Any help is Greatly appreciated!

Comment

# 451

a short synopsis:

The letter was sent to the finacèe of Lt. Dr. Alfred Tegeler, Miss Christ. Tegeler was KIA 1st Dez 1941. A day before he was awarded the EK II. He was killed during a raiding patrol in Africa. He was one of the best platoon leaders. He often spoke about his fiancée and he was very proud of her. A copy of the letter, sent to his mother was enclosed.

Gerdan

Comment

# 452

a short synopsis:

Attack on military base no 20 near Tobruk by 3rd platoon of 1st co.

Volunteers under platoon leader Dr. Alfred Tegeler started 1st Dec in the night at 02 AM to attack the strong point of the enemy near the Tobruk runway from base no 2. All soldiers have been very motivated.

Gerdan

Comment

# 453

short syopsis:

Oberleutnant Hollman enclosed sent a letter to Mis Tegeler (just to inform her).The letter is from the mine manager Dreyer from Ibbenbüren and was sent by the mine manager to Oberleutnant Hollman when he received the information that Dr. Tegeler was KIA.

Gerdan

Comment

# 454

a short synopsis:

Copy of the letter the Mine manager Dreyer from the coal mine in Ibbebüren to the Oblt. Hollmann, commander of the unit FPost Nr. 21668 B in which Dreyer thanks for the information that he gave him the info that Dr. Tegeler was KIA and he is condoling the unit telling that Tegeler was also very popular in his job in the mine with his co-workers.

Gerdan

Comment

# 457

a short synopsis:

A letter to the mother of a soldier MIA in Rennes (France?) where he is burried/trapped with 157 other soldiers in the ruins of the air raid shelter of a hotel which seems to be destroyed by bombs. His body still is not found. So the writer, a Oberfeldwebel of his unit, could not give more information to the mother. In a few days he will sent her more details when they could open the blocked air raid shelter.

Gerdan

Comment

Thanks Gerdan! Yea, It's Rennes France. I was told by his niece that he died in Paris but until I see it on paper...

I really appreciate you taking a look at these for me. I have a few more to post, if you could take a look at them that would be great.

Jason

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 332 users online. 0 members and 332 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X