No announcement yet.

Post your "translation needed" here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello ! Need translate for this foto. I can read Russland 2 ??? 1943 fur ??? an Hans ?
    Regards Anton
    Attached Files

Comment

# 5874

" Rußland Juli/Juni 1943 - Zur Erinnerung (in memory) an Hans "

Gerdan

Comment

Originally posted by Hank C. View Post
        Looks like:
        Hptm (Hauptmann) Bake
        16.3.41 (16 March 1941) heldengedenktag
        Meldung an Kommandeur

Hero's Memorial Day
        Reporting to commander
        Major Mueller
        Oblt (Oberleutnant) Wilgrich(?? not sure on that name...)
        Thanks Hank

Comment

Originally posted by pauke View Post
          #5865 Erster Start(?) gegen Polen am 1. September genau Mittags 12 Uhr
          waehrend der Fuehrerrede. 1939

Auf dem Vormarsh-----the rest is too light to read but ends in Bahnhof.

Ein Bild im Tagesraum unsere Kompanie landet in Norwegen 1940
          April.

Ein Bild im Tagesraum Generalmajor Tittel(?) mit in vorderster Linie.
          # 5865 – pic 2
          „Auf dem Vormarsch“ Abgeschossene russische Jäger (Ratta) auf einem mir unbekannten Bahnhof

Comment

Thanks reino!

Comment

# 5872

Generalmajor Hermann Tittel:

http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/...telHermann.htm

http://www.google.de/imgres?sa=X&biw...9,r:0,s:0,i:83

Gerdan

Comment

What is an "Outpatient Business" ID Card?

I wonder if someone would be kind enough to help with the correct translation of this small oilcloth ID. I purchased it almost 25 years ago and always thought it was an ambulance driver's ID. After trying to get the correct translation of "Ambulantes Gewerbe" I got Outpatient Business ! What in the world is that?
                So, does anyone know what this ID really is? I would appreciate the correct translation very much. Thanks in advance.

Jerry
                Attached Files

Comment

Actual measurement closed is approximately 5 by 3 1/2 inches
                  Attached Files

Comment

Ambulantes Gewerbe ID - Translation Please

Not sure if rest of this is coming out but can't figure out what a Amulantes Gewerbe ID is. Thanks for any help.

Jerry
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Viewfinder View Post
                      I wonder if someone would be kind enough to help with the correct translation of this small oilcloth ID. I purchased it almost 25 years ago and always thought it was an ambulance driver's ID. After trying to get the correct translation of "Ambulantes Gewerbe" I got Outpatient Business ! What in the world is that?
                      So, does anyone know what this ID really is? I would appreciate the correct translation very much. Thanks in advance.

Jerry
                      More or less, that's it. It appears to be a license, so to speak, to allow him to work in that branch of business. I guess you had to have certain skills/qualifications, so the patients (receivers of services) knew they were being taken care of by a trained, qualified person.

Whether it deals with wheelchairs, prosthetics, medicines, etc., no idea....

Hope that helps a little.

Hank

EDIT: the back page also shows him to be allowed to service the 3 weekly markets at the towns/cities listed.
                      Last edited by Hank C.; 11-07-2013, 10:14 AM. Reason: more info
                      Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
                      ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Hank,

Thanks so much for your quick and informative response. Well, now I know a bit more about what this fellow did. Much appreciated.

Jerry

Comment

Hi Jerry,

have a look at this article:

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ambulanter_Handel

There you can see some people, working in an "ambulantes Gewerbe".

The man was an "Amtswart", that is in English an "office official". He was responsible for three farmer's markets in Berlin.

Uwe

Comment

Originally posted by speedytop View Post
                            Hi Jerry,

have a look at this article:

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ambulanter_Handel

There you can see some people, working in an "ambulantes Gewerbe".

The man was an "Amtswart", that is in English an "office official". He was responsible for three farmer's markets in Berlin.

Uwe
                            Good info Uwe, thanks very much! So it's a mobile salesman...who'd have thunk it?

Hank
                            Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
                            ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Aha ! So now I know. Thanks all for the information.

Jerry

Comment

Hello guys! Could anyone help me with this text? The text is a Feldpost 27738 in 17/04/1940. Many thanks.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 12 users online. 0 members and 12 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X