X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

# 3621

2)

"Märkischheide d. 22. XI. 43

Zum ewigen Andenken von Deinem lieben Erich" - in eternal memory your loving Erich

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/M%C3%A4rkische_Heide

Gerdan

Comment

Thanks Gerdan!

Patrick

Comment

please help

what do these documents say?
        thanks
        john
        Attached Files

Comment

re

last one
          Attached Files

Comment

# 3625

1) It is a certifiate that Stfeldwebel Walter Küdicke born 26.11.1887 in Königsberg

possess the decorations "Verdienstkreuz für Kriegshilfe" and "Ehrenkreuz für

Kriegsteilnehmer" and from his civil profession the "Treuedienstehrenzeichen in Silber".

Dated: 16.7.1945

Gerdan

Comment

# 3626

A certificate that Stabsfeldwebel Kudicke from the Stellvertretende Generalkommando I. A. K.

Fz. Kdo and the Kommandantur of the the same unit is allowed to receive "g. Kdos"

(geheime Kommandosachen) - secret orders.

Gerdan

Comment

# 2625

2)

"Vereidigt: 22. Dez. 1912 - sworn in
                Anstellung: 1. Juli 1919 - employment
                Ergänzungsprüfung: Febr. 1924 - supplementary examination
                Dienstjahre: 29,8 - years of service
                Austritt am ..?.. 1937" - resignation

Gerdan

Comment

Originally posted by Gerdan View Post
                  # 3626

A certificate that Stabsfeldwebel Kudicke from the Stellvertretende Generalkommando I. A. K.

Fz. Kdo and the Kommandantur of the the same unit is allowed to receive "g. Kdos"

(geheime Kommandosachen) - secret orders.

Gerdan
                  can you tell what kudicke's unit was?
                  thanks
                  john

Comment

# 3630

The stamp of Kudicke's unit is "Feldzeugkommando 1" and Stellvertretendes

Generalkommando des I. Armee Korps - Wehrkreiskommando Königsbeg Ostpreußen

(Eastern Prussia) .

Gerdan

Comment

help please

Can anyone help with the translation of this one please?
                      many thanks
                      andy
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by andya View Post
                        Can anyone help with the translation of this one please?
                        many thanks
                        andy
                        St. Hoewle unten im Strassengraben.
                        unser Hauptmann Musial(?)

.... below in (something roughly translated as) street ditch, or ditch next to the road.
                        our Captain Musial.

Hank
                        Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
                        ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

thanks

Originally posted by Hank Cummings View Post
                          St. Hoewle unten im Strassengraben.
                          unser Hauptmann Musial(?)

.... below in (something roughly translated as) street ditch, or ditch next to the road.
                          our Captain Musial.

Hank
                          thanks again
                          andy

Comment

# 3632

Does the photo show a cathedral? If so “St. Härle” is probably wrongly spelt for “Église Saint-Herlé de Ploaré” in Douarnenez, 30 km south of Brest.
                            http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%89g...de_Ploar%C3%A9

The Hauptmann’s name seems to be „Musiol“.

Trebes

Comment

Hello Gents,

I typically hang out on the Bundesrepublik Forum, but one of my New Year's resolutions has brought me over to these parts.

Some years ago while strolling through a Heidelberg flea market in a light rain, I came across a shoe box of post cards lying out in the open. Amongst the cards were pictures of young German soldiers in their World War I "aufs marsch" or farewell pictures.

I was somewhat horrifed that the seller couldn't care less that these wonderful historic images were being ruined by the rain, and bought the box on the spot for a ridiculously low price.

It was then that I became a picture junkie and before my tour was over, I amassed quite a collection of images.

For the most part they have lain untouched as I threw myself back into the post-war collecting circle, but this year I'm bound and determined to research these photos and share the results with my good friends on the WAF.

Thus it is that you'll be seeing me now and then with a translation request. I thank you in advance for your help and hope I will not become a burden to my fellow collectors.

I'd like to start things off with this image of "Joseph" an NCO assigned to the the to 1. Ers-Komp., Ers-Batallion, 5. Garde-Regiment zum Fuß. He was photographed in the Spandau District, Berlin, on 14 January 1915.

Next up, I'll post the back and indulge your help in deciphering a short note.

Thanks very much,

TJ
                              Attached Files

Comment

Can anyone decipher Joseph's note to a Herrn Heinr. Odenthal in the Dellbrueck district of Cologne?

Thanks very much - TJ
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 6 users online. 0 members and 6 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X