• Show
Clear All

Here the result for the Feldpostnummer - does not help very much:

Feldpostnummer 29454
    (Mobilmachung-1.1.1940) 1. Batterie schw. Artillerie-Abteilung 762,
    (25.9.1940-15.2.1941) 10. BatterieArtillerie-Regiment 253,
    (15.2.1942-30.7.1942) gestrichen, wurde Fp.Nr. 28947 B,

(31.7.1942-9.2.1943) Landungswerfer-Zug Pionier-Lehr-Bataillon 4,

(6.4.1944-9.11.1944) 12.6.1944 gestrichen.

Gerdan

Comment

Here a pic of a Japanese "Landungswerfer 32 cm" (modell). It must be a sort of rocket.

http://www.modellshop.ch/skip5shop.a...dynMenu&wert=0

Gerdan

Comment

Although you can find a load of “Landungswerfer” entries, I think we are looking for “Ladungswerfer”, a spigot mortar bomb, both 38mm and 20 mm (light variant).
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/38_cm_s..._Ladungswerfer
        http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/...atwerfer-R.htm
        The 38 cm schwerer Ladungswerfer (38 cm sLdgW) was a spigot mortar used by Germany during World War II. It was used by engineers to demolish obstacles and strongpoints. It proved to be too heavy for its role and it was gradually withdrawn from front-line service.
        Propellant was placed at the top of the spigot and ignited when the projectile slid far enough down the spigot to complete the electrical circuit. The spigot mortar was mounted on a traversing bracket on a drum-shaped platform that was staked to the ground. It fired HE and smoke rounds.
        380-mm Spigot Mortar Bomb" from Tactical and Technical Trends

The following U.S. intelligence report on the ammunition for the German 380-mm (15-in) spigot mortar (Schwerer Ladungswerfer) was originally published in Tactical and Technical Trends, No. 35, October 7, 1943.

[DISCLAIMER: The following text is taken from the U.S. War Department publication Tactical and Technical Trends. As with all wartime intelligence information, data may be incomplete or inaccurate. No attempt has been made to update or correct the text. Any views or opinions expressed do not necessarily represent those of the website.]

380-MM SPIGOT MORTAR BOMB

Some details of the ammunition for the 380-mm (15-in) Spigot Mortar (Schwerer Ladungswerfer) are now available. Both smoke and HE bombs are fired by this weapon, but the following data refers to the HE bomb.

German name 38-cm Wurfgranate 40
        Total weight 331 lb
        Bursting charge 110 lb
        Maximum diameter 15 in
        Length overall 4 ft 11 in
        Length of bomb 2 ft 3/4 in
        Fuze Wgr. Z 36, a standard percussion nose fuze as used in German mortar bombs.
        Gaine* Zdlg. C/98 Np., a standard gain containing Penthrite.
        Propellant There are two charges contained in cloth bags in an adaptor fitted with an electric primer. The propellant is known as Gudol, (see Tactical and Technical Trends, No. 31, p. 37) and is a flashless double-base propellant containing nitroguanidine. Weights are as follows: Charge I, 385 grams (13.56 oz); Charge II, 175 grams (6.19 oz).

*The metal casing of a shell holding the explosive.

http://www.lonesentry.com/articles/t...ot-mortar.html

Trebes

Comment

Gerdan, Trebes, thank you.

I bet it is referring to that 'spigot mortar'. It even says it was used by engineers to clear obstacles and stuff.

But the site where I check feldpost numbers, which is completely independent of Lexikon, still spells it with a 'n' in there. So I don't think it's just a typo. I dunno... I'm just going to go with the mortar idea unless anyone else has any ideas?

Comment

Robert Fein same guy?

Hi I have three pics here is this Robert Fein in a German Uniform?
            Robert Fein won in the Olympics and then was banned because he was jewish. Then why is he in this uniform. German I.D. form paper. The name on the German I.D. is also Robert Fein Thanks...
            Last edited by gandd07; 12-07-2011, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerdan View Post
              The other signature could be "Ulrich von Sell". He was also workinmg for the former German Emperor

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ulrich_von_Sell

Gerdan
              Hi Thanks The guy I got these from , also gave me the envelopes the letters came in and on the back is a hand stamped name Ulrich Von Sell. Thanks..

Comment

WASt letter

hello, i got this today from the WASt and i need to know what it says
                thanks
                john
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by MILITARYMAN1000 View Post
                  hello, i got this today from the WASt and i need to know what it says
                  thanks
                  john
                  They say it could take up to 4 months, and they want to know from which perspective you're working, and what the info will be used for. (Historian, Educator, etc.) If you are working from a educational vantage (and I'm thinking you're not) they need adequate proof of the institution you work with/for.

Hank
                  Last edited by Hankmeister; 12-08-2011, 11:12 PM.
                  Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
                  ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

you can help me to translate this page of a young soldier in Gera Lazarett in summer 1945? many thanks....

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comment

# 3571

"Entlassung erfolgt im Auftrag des 170. Med. Bn.(?) Gera"

on the right side:

"2. 7. 45 Der Standortarzt i(n) V.(ertretung) sgn. Stabsarzt."

"Für 2 Tage Verpflegung bis 3.7.45 u. 1/2 Punkt Rauchwaren ausgeh.(ändigt)"

Gerdan

Comment

Hello! I need help with translation this (1st pattern SB, page 14):

(Last unit of the soldier in 1945: Jäger-Regiment 28. - this unit was surrendered to russians in may 1945)

Thanks

Comment

many thanks Gerdan! ciao Oriano

Originally posted by Gerdan View Post
                          # 3571

"Entlassung erfolgt im Auftrag des 170. Med. Bn.(?) Gera"

on the right side:

"2. 7. 45 Der Standortarzt i(n) V.(ertretung) sgn. Stabsarzt."

"Für 2 Tage Verpflegung bis 3.7.45 u. 1/2 Punkt Rauchwaren ausgeh.(ändigt)"

Gerdan

Comment

Your photo " funeral procession of Major Buchwald"

Originally posted by photo-war View Post
                            Hello! Looking for some help with this handwriting.

Thanks in advance,
                            Alexander

Hello photo-war,

I have written you private messages but my outbox doesn't show them, so I wonder whether you have received them? I just wanted to ask you whether you could send me the real picture and where did you get it from? I am completely shocked because it is my grandfathers funeral (Major Walter Buchwald, 31.1.21910-30.11.1943). He died nearby Monte Cassino, Italy.
                            I would really appreciate if you contacted me as I don't have much from him as he died so early.

Winnie

Comment

Originally posted by Winnie View Post
                              Hello photo-war,

I have written you private messages but my outbox doesn't show them, so I wonder whether you have received them? I just wanted to ask you whether you could send me the real picture and where did you get it from? I am completely shocked because it is my grandfathers funeral (Major Walter Buchwald, 31.1.21910-30.11.1943). He died nearby Monte Cassino, Italy.
                              I would really appreciate if you contacted me as I don't have much from him as he died so early.

Winnie
                              Hello Winnie! I have just sent you PM.

Best regards,
                              Alexander

Comment

H, Himmler

Hi guys can you help translate this . Im talking about the stamps around the signature of Himmler. Thanks....Great sight....

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 25 users online. 0 members and 25 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X