• Time
  • Show
Clear All

# 3395

Any chance this is "Heister" and not "Heisler?"

Joe

Comment

Hi,

I have enclosed a copy of a letter that came with a small collection including a cap, wehrpass, death card, id tag, death certificate. If anyone can provide a translation of this letter it would be greatly appreciated. I do hope it is clear enough but if any other questions or if you want to see anything else then please let me know.

Also can anyone let me know what happened to Oberleutenant Sturm(?) of the 246th Division? The Division had a pretty rough time of it on the eastern front.

Thanks
      Tietze
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Tietze View Post
        Hi,

I have enclosed a copy of a letter that came with a small collection including a cap, wehrpass, death card, id tag, death certificate. If anyone can provide a translation of this letter it would be greatly appreciated. I do hope it is clear enough but if any other questions or if you want to see anything else then please let me know.

Also can anyone let me know what happened to Oberleutenant Sturm(?) of the 246th Division? The Division had a pretty rough time of it on the eastern front.

Thanks
        Tietze
        It's a basic letter telling the father or family their son was lost during an attack on a Russian village on 28 March '42. He performed in a heroic manner, and they should take solace in the fact he gave his life for the better good of Germany.

Basically about the same thing every company commander sent parents or families who lost a son-brother-father. I've yet to see one saying "Johann lost his life cowering in a trench in a senseless battle of people who have no business or desire to fight each other".

As far as Oblt. Sturm, without more info, there was a return of 1388 names on the Volksbund site. Too many for me to troll through.

best
        hank
        Last edited by Hankmeister; 10-30-2011, 09:27 PM.
        Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
        ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Hi Guys,

picked up a very nice paper grouping of a (later) Hauptmann Ranner. It includes a pic with dedication probably from his kp commander at the time (winter of 41). I have some trouble deciphering the handwriting, help therefore much appreciated.

Cheers, Willem

Text so far:

"Meinem uralten (?) Mitkaempfer .. Ranner zur Erinnerung an die ... ....... ..... ... ...... 16.12.41"
          Attached Files

Comment

Hank,

Thanks for the input, much appreciated although nothing to suprising, makes a nice little grouping.

When in the war did the personal letters end I wonder?

Best
            Tietze

Comment

trans

3401 What does the image show? One word is still missing.....Meinem bewaehrten Mitkaempfer Lt. Ranner zur Erinnerung an die .......ung bei der Armee gewidmet. is what I read.

Comment

Originally posted by pauke View Post
                3401 What does the image show? One word is still missing.....Meinem bewaehrten Mitkaempfer Lt. Ranner zur Erinnerung an die .......ung bei der Armee gewidmet. is what I read.
                Thanks Pauke. Yes still one word missing but also the name of the author.

Is the date really 41. I am asking because at that time Ranner was not yet a Lt. He only became Lt in 42.

Comment

I got this text on the backside of a foto of 3 wehrmacht heer soldiers standing like comrades in the snow (russia) could someone please help me with the translation to english?

Comment

# 3405

" Hier sind wir drei beste Kameraden. Der rechte aus Benthland (??) und der linke ist unser
                    Hindenburg. Da im Walde haben wir Holz gefällt für eine Brücke"

Here we are the 3 best comrades. The right one from Benthland(?) and the left one is our Hindenburg.
                    In the woods we have been logging for a bridge.

Gerdan

Comment

Thank you so much Gerdan!

Comment

I also got this note with the foto and wounder if someone can se the name that is supposed to be on it?

Thank you guys so much!

Comment

# 3408

I try it:

Lehmann (?) - name
                          Fahrer - driver

Gerdan

Comment

trans

The year looks to be perhaps '43 as the final number is unclear but unlike the 1 or 2 in the rest of the date. Signature appears to end in "-berger".

Comment

Hello all,

Today I received some documents from the Bundesarchiv and it also contained a short biography (Lebenslauf) of a SS-Unterscharführer I am researching. However, there is an abbreviation which looks like P. L. W. but I am not sure if that is correct. Does it have something to do with the SS-Verfügungstruppen? He writes about that as well. Any help is much appreciated.

With kind regards,

Koen.

Comment

# 3410

may be "Heuberger" ?

Gerdan

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 23 users online. 0 members and 23 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X