Post your "translation needed" here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luftwaffe wedding

Here's his wedding photo. His wife looked attractive in my opinion.
    Attached Files

Comment

Wehrpass pages

May I impose on a learned colleague to translate these wehrpass entries.

Many thanks in advance for any assistance.

Regards, Mike.
      Attached Files

Comment

trans

#3217 Lt. Alfred Kemmer
        born 10 Dec. 1922
        died 20 Oct. 1943

Comment

Dear Hank & Gerdan:

Thanks so much for you two Gents great help, I had those postcards for years, and always queries what was the story of the postcards, but as a non English or German speaking foreigner, it will be impossible for me to read the handwriting.

Interesting to know the story of people who live in those days.

Thanks for the hard work again!

Best Regards
          Joe

Comment

trans

#3219 The handwritten page reads " Private Josef Maier born 17 Dec. 19 was considered fit for military service and released on 15 Jan. 40 from the recovery unit of Inf. Replacement Batl. 88. Maier has been sent to the Whermacht District Command at Schwaebisch Gemund. Fulda, 15 Jan. 1940"

Comment

Lt. Alfred Kemmer

Originally posted by pauke View Post
              #3217 Lt. Alfred Kemmer
              born 10 Dec. 1922
              died 20 Oct. 1943

Hi Pauke,

Thanks for the translation. I was pretty sure that he was a leutnant and that his first name started with an A and his last began with a K. That's something he was killed just 51 days before he would have turned 21. I wish there was a way to find out his unit and the circumstances of his death. Do you think that he was a fighter pilot?

Comment

# 3223

Your Alfred Kemmer is not listed in the Volksbund list.

Gerdan

Comment

Ltn. Alfred Kemmer

Hi Gerdan,

Thanks for looking him up. The Volksbund list isn't complete is it? So, the inscription may be accurate, it's just his name didn't make the list. The lousy thing is, the person who wrote the inscription, didn't write his unit. So there's no way to know where he died or if his death was combat related. For all we know he could've tripped and fallen down some stairs, breaking his neck. Unfortunatly, the wedding portrait doesn't show him wearing any badges, so he could've been a fighter pilot, a bomber crewman or he could've sat behind a desk. Though I do get the feeling his death was combat related.

Comment

Pauke,

Thank you sincerely for your translation of post 3219.

This is an interesting wehrpass as Maier's photo shows him wearing Marine-SA uniform.

Best regards, Mike.

Comment

John

you are right. The Volksbund list is still very incomplete but better than nothing. In the moment it is the only index we have. - Today the list has 4.587.850 entries. They are still working to complete the list but more than some 100.000 entries are still open. So the entry of your guy should also be listed - later.

Gerdan

Gerdan

Comment

Soldier and sister

Here is a photo taken in 1944-1945 of a soldier and his sister. I think I read the back correctly. Could someone translate the writing on the reverse?
                        Attached Files

Comment

Soldier and sister reverse

Here's the reverse of the soldier and sister image.
                          Attached Files

Comment

# 3229

"Meiner lieben Schwester zum Andenken, von Ihrem Bruder Franz,
                            Kriegs Weihnachten 1944/45."

Dedicated to my dear sister from her brother Franz, War Christmas 1944/45

Gerdan

Comment

soldier and sister translation

Thanks Gerdan, you're the best.

Comment

Railroad Castle 1

Hi,

I have two photos showing a castle like structure next to railroad tracks. I'm not sure if it's an actual castle or not. If it is, which castle is it and does it still exist? There's writing on the back of each photo, maybe that will give us a clue regarding location. Both images were taken in 1943.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 34 users online. 0 members and 34 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X