Ratisbons

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A few nice photo's that i got questions on.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vincent S. View Post
    I simply can not tell from the visible parts of his jacket. Rectangular pocket flaps, so must either be a Feldbluse 43 or 44. Had another look at the writing on the rear, and I am fairly certain of it that it reads 'Jänner '45".
    True, but i would say M43 because of the collar hook.

Originally posted by Simon Orchard View Post
    I'd go for a rubbish pit or latrine, i don't think it's ment as a trench\ air raid trench etc. as it's not long enough.
    Yea probally a rubbish or **** pit. But those are LW officers, officers don't dig ****-holes
    So thats why i'm thinking that they might be POW's that are ordered to dig something. That fence doesn't have to be part of their camp.

EDIT: Funny how WAF automaticly hides the "wrong" words behind ***'s
    I'm collecting anything related to the towns Castricum and Bakkum during WWII.
    Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.
    My website: Gotrick.nl

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Admiraal View Post
      Photo 5; Cleaning business!
      Is this photo made in WWII ? it looks so.. post war ?
      plain zelt tent...id say he was RAD...civi car in background...looks labour service setting to me...often seen as early sections in army service photo albums.

Comment

Well, that does makes sense, thanks

Does anyone knows whats written in the right lower corner of the first photo (on the back)?
        Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.

Comment

I think that on the back of photo one the following is written:

Code:
          Nach einem Feind-  Aufstieg

Januar 43              Bei
          In Rusl.                   *****
          But i still can't figure out the town/place/city name (on the spot of the ***'s).
          Could be something like "Leowe", "Teawe" or "Teowe"

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X