X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1936 Olympiaspiele brief karte

Hello

For our sharp eyes members here ?

Any idea on what is written on this nice post card ?

Thanks

[IMG][/IMG]

if you can get someone to write out the german ill have a go at translating it

Comment

The German part isn't the tough part of it...the illegible writing is!

I can make out the first 1 1/2 lines or so...

Ich bin fuer 9 Tage nach Berlin zur Olympiade gefahren....

best
      Hank
      Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
      ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

that means I am travelling to the berlin olympics for nine days

Comment

I can try to add some more of the German text:

Ich bin für 9 Tage nach Berlin zur Olympiade gefahren, da ich vom R.A.D. (ReichsArbeitsDienst) Urlaub bekommen habe. Ich sehe und erlebe jeden Tag so ungeheuer viel, dass es Wochen dauern wird, bis ich alles richtig verdaut haben werde. Mein ganzer Berliner Aufenthalt wird für mich unvergesslich bleiben. Tante Trud (?) uns Onkel Paul sind auch hier. Ich wohne bei Luise Schiffler (?) geb. Steinmeier. Auch Frau Grüter (?) und Brück (?) mit Tochter wohnen hier.
          Herzliche Grüße
          Euer Erich.

The handwritinmg is really bad.. I think now the translation is not too difficult for Hank.

Gerdan

Comment

I've traveled to Berlin for 9 days, since I received my vacation from the Reichs Work Service. I see and experience so much every day, that it would (or will) take weeks for me to digest it all. My entire stay in Berlin will remain unforgettable. Aunt Trudy(?) and uncle Paul are also here. I'm staying with Luise Schiffler (?), maiden name Steinmeier. Also Ms. Gruter and Ms. Bruck - with her daughter - live here.

Heartfelt greetings,
            Your Erich.

Good job Gerdan!

best
            Hank
            Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
            ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X