Police photo album - my best one so far

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Police photo album - my best one so far

This is a great photoalbum covering much of the service of a man. It starts with his arrival in Narvik in 1940. Ending his service in Norway brings him to further education in Austria, before he is sent to former Jugoslavia. The last part of the album contains photos from his time in Finnland.

http://d2134644.u48.surftown.nu/copp...lbum=178&pos=0

A very nice album.
    Over 30.000 photos from German photo albums, related to Norway

Always looking for photos and photo albums from Norway.

That's one of the best Polizei album I have ever seen.
    Outstanding.

Comment

Thank you. It is very good album

Here are some samples. Unfortunatly I had to resize them due to space on the server. The quality is overall superb.

This one is taken in Finland. Very close to the frontline, if some of the writings on the backside are correct.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Tor; 09-14-2008, 05:04 PM. Reason: Forgot to tell where it was taken.

Comment

Anorther one

Sorry about the quality on this low res. scann
        Attached Files

Comment

The last one

Quite interresting photo. This is taken during his "lehrgang" in Austria before going to Jugoslavia.
          Attached Files

Comment

Yes, that's one heck of an album. The fellow was really devoted to his camera. I only made it to 108 of 410, but my favorite was of the Polizei surrounded by the kids. Great looking boys and girls, and I hope they all made it safely through to the end of the war.

Were any of the photos I missed taken in Greece and Yugoslavia 1943-44? The Regiment was heavily involved in anti-partisan operations in Greece from February to September 1944, and heavy fighting in Serbia from October 1944.

Comment

What was the Btl number in Norway?

Comment

Originally posted by JoeW View Post
                What was the Btl number in Norway?
                Pol.Btl.312 i believe.

The 'Achtung' sign with map and mentioning Kongensgate 60 is in Narvik.

The series of photos taken up at Bjørnfjell are without doubt the best i've seen so far relating to guarding the border area. Of special interest are the ones showing the Swedish guard and the group shot showing various members of different organisations, LW and i see what i guess is an SS-SD NCO there too.

Fantastic album Tore, I'm so glad it's in the right hands! Can you imagine what would have happened had it gone to one of the E-bay album butchers!
                Last edited by Simon O.; 09-15-2008, 03:35 AM.
                Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

I'm glad I got it. This is one of the albums one actually can build a story around.

Regarding the btl. in Norway I think Simon is correct. I didn't put in any number, since I was a bit unsure.

There are some photos from Balkans. Starting at this photo. It looks like they have arrested a group of people a bit further out.

Balkan photos starts with this: http://d2134644.u48.surftown.nu/copp...um=178&pos=302

No photos of any graphic nature there, the rounded up persons photos are these:

And this one:

The Finland section, is found from here: http://d2134644.u48.surftown.nu/copp...um=178&pos=351

Not sure about this photo. It might be taken in the Balkans.. The photos after are most likely from Finland.

Comment

Apparently some of the pictures were taken in Oberkrain, upper Slovenia: maybe during the rearmarch of 1945?

Comment

Great photos! Looks like that SS visor has coloured piping. Doesnt look white to me.

Comment

Tore -

Thanks for pointing out where the different sections start, and thanks again for sharing this outstanding album!

Comment

Originally posted by Tor View Post
                          Quite interresting photo. This is taken during his "lehrgang" in Austria before going to Jugoslavia.
                          This is Hermann Franz, first kommandeur of the regiment who later rose to SS-Brigadeführer und generalmajor der Polizei
                          Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Once again Simon, thank you. It will be posted under the photo.

I have taken some of the photos out of their photo corners. And the notes confirm 312 on the Norwegian part. One has 302.

Comment

Gotcha!
                              http://www.destinacije.com/Slike/Slo...a-Smlednik.JPG

I deserve some better scans now!

I didn't know that the 18 took action even in Upper Slovenia: anybody know something else on that?

Thanks

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X