No announcement yet.

Helmut Wick RK Citation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And, btw Dennis, at no point do I resort to equating my informed opinion with fact-95% certainty is not claiming as fact.

No one disputes the notion of opinion as what we offer self-portrayed novice collectors who panic buy on a 50/50 chance of being right. But as I said, mine is informed opinion compared to uninformed, self-delusional opinion.

Feel free to also dismiss, denigrate or deride the fake factory notion. Novice collectors are still probably the majority of buyers, including art print collectors. Probably better for such novice collectors to ask for advice before wasting their money... In my opinion, of course.
    J

Comment

Wick signature

I wasn’t going to reply anymore to this post as I thought the subject was closed “we agree to disagree” but I feel I must, after more fact less replies. I am not looking for validation or confirmation on any of my items, it is merely posted for open debate, and a bit of fun, and if possible finding any more FACTS about anything I post. I’m not blind to criticism as long as it’s constructive, I don’t just believe replies because someone says it’s authentic or fake. I have already made up my mind before I purchase any piece of WW2 militaria whether it’s likely to be genuine or not. It would take a convincing argument for me to change my mind, but none have been presented to me with any conclusive evidence, just peoples opinions, which I do respect and welcome however harsh they maybe. You point out some all-knowing the mighty “Frank and Frank” I personally have never heard of them the only one I can find on the internet is a sports memorabilia site selling wooden ducks! If that’s your font of knowledge on WW2 signatures then I take all your conclusions even less seriously than I did before. If it isn’t the “Frank and Frank” you are talking about, then might I suggest they make themselves more transparent then I might take their words of wisdom more seriously?

Finis

Dennis

Comment

examples

Yes, Dennis, whatever. ..

To bring some value back to this thread, here you see one jpeg with 6 examples of the clipped/blank page signature of Wick which illustrate the fake factory style of Wick. Ignore the variations in ink colour and tone as they are taken under different conditions. I will post an example of the ink similarity for fake factory material from one source later to illustrate that it is possible to use this to identify fake factory style.

Below the 6 sigs on paper are the 7 euro Stade example, plus another on Rohr and the one Dennis bought which he wrongly believes is completely different in style. As I mentioned, a basic comparison across all of these signatures shows they are all produced by the one forger. As with other fake factory signatures, the forger has one style - this is it for Wick.

The other jpeg shows Dennis's fake in greater close-up with the 7 euro Stade version and a clear blank page signature. Nothing preposterous about all three showing distinct similarities. Dennis's Wick is also worth 7 euros, probably just for the postcard.
        Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X