• Time
  • Show
Clear All

WANDERER W11 1937-1941

Rommel

Crush

Now

Comment

Todd, Bill, sorry for the little deviation.

Sd.Kfz 263 1937-1942

Sd.Kfz. 222

Now

Comment

Hi Dobri:

Thanks so much for the volume of vehicle photos today and yesterday.

I should say, though, I have been watching this thread almost from the first postings and the other subjects are extremely interesting as well.

So, I hope you will continue with the normal photos you have been posting here and throw Uncle Bill a bone once in a while with a vehicle photo as I am sure not all viewers share my love for soft skin vehicles.

Thanks again.

Bill

Comment

Dobri, more great photos!

Bill, will some thicker skinned vehicles work?

H1354/ Advancing units in battle.
          The armored spearhead of an advancing unit ran into a Soviet nest of resistance. The enemy has put up a tenacious defense. The enemy has entrenched themselves in the houses which then go up in flames. Thick columns of smoke rise over the embattled city. The Panzers slowly advance forward with the advancing Infantry, who have their weapons at the ready.
          28 October 1941 Weltbild PK-Freytag
          Attached Files

Comment

2065/ Yesterday it was an enemy weapon, today - a bullet catcher.
            This heavy 15 ton Soviet tank (BT-7) was quickly finished off in a Soviet attack. Now, a German artillery observer can be found in its’ protection. The wreck of the steel monster is again useful as a bullet catcher.
            28 October 1941 Atlantic PK-Hackl
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi Todd:

As I am sure you understand, I didn't want to hijack the thread and have you two turn it into a vehicle thread just because that is my area of interest.

I have enjoyed every moment of this very long journey with you and the other contributers, only sad that my own archives are strictly vehicle oriented so I can't contribute much. Maybe to ID a vehicle now and again when they pop up.

May I stress, as others have before me, that the action photos, the day to day soldier's lives photos and the buildings and villages you portray here add so much to the general history of the period that one cannot get from reading books.

It is invaluable, please keep it up as you have time.

Cheers

Bill

Comment

Ok, some ,,notmal'' fotos from 699 PBBB.

Pioniern at work :

XXXIX/1

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 93 users online. 0 members and 93 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X