No announcement yet.

Adolf Hitler Signature on Portrait Postcard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As I would like to have a definitive assessment and judgement on the authenticity (or not) of this signature, can anyone please refer me to a recognized expert on the subject who would do a professional examination and provide me with appropriate documentation attesting to the result and verification?

I know that Detlev Niemann does this but are there others who are well-known and recognized, specifically on the subject of Hitler's signature?

Thanks,
    John

Comment

As I would still like to obtain a definitive answer, I am moving this thread back to the top, in the hope that somebody can direct me to a recognized expert who would do a proper assessment on this signature.
      Thanks,
      John

Comment

why does the angle matter, he cant make all his sig's exactly the same

Comment

Please, do some more research before giving opnions.

Or be more kind before asking something.

Comment

Experts

For living experts, check out the websites of the Manuscript Society or the Universal Autograph Collectors Club, both international auograph organizations. They should be easy to Google. Charles Hamilton is the best known deceased expert.

Comment

Thank you for your suggestions, Brian. I'll check them out.
              Regards,
              John

Comment

Well, I tried The Manuscript Society and got no reply. The Universal Autograph Collectors Club was helpful in giving me a useful referral to Marcus Brandes Autographs, from whom I received an informal opinion (as here on this forum). Detlev Niemann declined doing a formal appraisal since this A.H. signature is not an official or other document with watertight provenance. I checked the site www.psadna.com Authentication Services and found that they charge $250 for an assessment of an A.H. signature...a bit more than I am prepared to pay...at this point anyway.

So, thus far I have only informal opinions indicating that the signature is questionable, but nobody stating that it is definitely a fake. The WAF member from whom I purchased this item (who states he acquired it from a German dealer) stands firm by his written guarantee to me that it is an original, authentic Hitler signature, and has said that he will only take it back if Detlev Niemann attests that it is not so in an official COA (see note above). Thus, my dilemma.
                Last edited by jwburchell; 11-04-2008, 12:32 AM. Reason: text addition/revision

Comment

Sorry to hear that, but this situation is an absurd. This kind of document - with no official marks - could be faked by everyone who train to copy a signature, and the one who "forgery" your document make a bad try. I thing the guy who sold to you has to proove its original - and IMO (informal - this is a informal forum) its a fake.

Comment

I hope this may be of some interest to this thread. Same picture, different signature and post mark.

http://www.od43.com/Adolf_Hitler_Signatures.html

Comment

Thank you, "Yeoman", for your keen observation and new reference reviving this thread. It will be interesting to see what others might have to contribute.

Comment

This time I won't try to be diplomatic. In my opinion, the signatures posted by jwburchel and Yeoman are not only forgeries, but bad forgeries.
                        Max.

Comment

Hello to everyone. I have just registered to this forum. I have a Certificate for "Verdienstkreuz des Deutschen Adlerordens mit dem Stern Order vom deutschen adler mit dem stern", which was awarded to my great grandfather.
                          I don't know ig the signature of Hitler on this Certificate is hand written by him. I would post the picture, but I don't know how.
                          I little help please.

Thank you

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X