Adolf Hitler Signature on Portrait Postcard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adolf Hitler Signature on Portrait Postcard

Here is a postcard bearing an Adolf Hitler signature which, from close inspection, certainly appears to have been ink-signed by hand, versus stamped or printed. My hope is that it will prove to be the personal signature of the man himself. Having perused all of the various threads on this forum to learn as much as possible about the subject, I understand that nothing short of a personal examination under strong magnification by a recognized manuscript expert can determine the true authenticity of such a signature. However, to initiate the process, I am now turning to members of this forum for opinions, please. Your input and comments will be appreciated.

Thanks, in advance,
    John

Here is the obverse of the card with signature:
    Attached Files

The full signature:
    Attached Files

Comment

Another shot:
      Attached Files

Comment

And another:
        Attached Files

Comment

The first name"
          Attached Files

Comment

The surname:
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi John
              Nice to meet you in the "front line" again. How are you and your family?
              This is a nice signature. Acording with my reference books, the details looks ok, but I don´t know a lot about this. Wait for an expert oppinion.
              Best regards from Spain.

Comment

Its a hand signate one, but i am sorry to tell you that the angles are not correct for his signature. The whole signature angle is odd, and this one is complete wrong:

In his later signature this angle is not up.
                Just compare with this one and see the difference:

Comment

Well, I´m afraid that well known originals, as the marriage contract, show the same angle up-right in the H than the John´s postcard (sorry, I can´t post the picture). We have to look for other points of reference to say if original or not.

Comment

Hello Gregorio, i do not have reference of this "up angle" in his laters signatures, only in the earliers models - before 1933. Max could be contacted and help with this, if you are right will be a pleasure to learn something new.
                    Last edited by clevischi; 06-08-2008, 03:36 PM.

Comment

There is a postal cancellation mark on the reverse side of this card (see below) which would seem to confirm that it was most likely signed in 1942, perhaps?...or possibly later?

The card is otherwise blank (ie. no handwritten address or message), except for the printed text " Maenner der Zeit Nr. 91 Der Fuehrer Adolf Hitler" plus the usual printer's details.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Excellent images....well done.
                        Once again I stress that the only sure way to authenticate signatures is by physical examination in laboratory conditions. However, it is possible to provide an initial assessment on good images such as this. In my opinion this example is ink handwritten, but is almost certainly a forgery.
                        Max.

Comment

Thank you for your compliment on the images, Max. I did my best. Thanks as well for your initial assessment, and also to the others who provided comments.
                          John

Comment

Clevischi, you can see some examples of this "up angle" for example in originals shown in Charles Hamilton´s clasic book "Leaders and personalities of the Third Reich" Vol 1 (Bender Publ.). This angle can be seen in early signatures, as those dated in 1933 (page 40) or in the later ones, like the marriage contract, dated in april 1945 (page 25).
                            I´m sorry but I can not post the pictures, but perhaps sombody could do it.
                            Regards.

Comment

I have this book, and for reference the firsts models are very diferent from this one, the same in the very late examples.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X