No announcement yet.

My TR Portrait Postcard Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Many nice photographs, Steve. Keep up the good work.

Yours sincerely,
    B.V.

Comment

A couple of more steel helmet shots from my collection. With greatcoat.
      Attached Files

Comment

Another portrait with a combat helmet in wear. This one did not scan well as it has a very dark look to it. It is a very nice, different looking shot.
        Attached Files

Comment

I usually don't collect photos smaller than postcard size, but I picked up this pair of the same soldier as one of the shots shows the Close Combat Clasp in wear. They are a little bigger than 6x9.
          Attached Files

Comment

The second one of the above soldier.
            Attached Files

Comment

A few more. The next four are from a group showing the same soldier. All are postcard size except the visor shot, which is smaller. First shows a sidecap in wear. Taken in France.
              Attached Files

Comment

Next from the group shows a steel helmet in wear. Looks to be taken the same time as the first one, also in France.
                Attached Files

Comment

The third one from the group is also a steel helmet shot, although it looks to be taken another time and there is no lettering, French or otherwise on the rear.
                  Attached Files

Comment

The final one from the group, showing a visorcap in wear. Smaller type photo.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Another combat helmet shot, with rifle. A little shorter than postcard size.
                      Attached Files

Comment

One more helmet shot for now.
                        Attached Files

Comment

I just recieved this portrait of an RK winner from the Estand. He looks to be wearing a LW tropical uniform. It's not on postcard paper but is instead developed on regular photo paper, brand being Leonar. The size is slightly larger than postcard size. Another member provided the identification of this man, which is a bonus: It is as follows:

Krüger, Horst
                          * 23.05.1916 Hamburg-Altona
                          + 07.04.1989 Freiburg im Breisgau
                          Ritterkreuz am: 04.11.1941
                          als: Oberleutnant
                          Funktion: Beobachter 3./NachtAufklStfl
                          Bundeswehr: Von 1955 bis 30.09.1973
                          Zuletzt: Generalmajor
                          Attached Files

Comment

Wow, Steve! You have the most impressive collection of postcard photos, etc. I've ever seen!

At the recent SOS, just a few days ago, I added quite a few more more to my own collection. I agree that such photos are a fascinating way to put everything in the most authentic period perspective. I never attend a militaria show without picking up more, and next year, I'm sure I'll do the same. I even bought a whole period photo album at the recent SOS.

Thanks again for sharing your collection here! It's truly outstanding! I really appreciate the opportunity to see it.

Chris

Comment

It's been awhile, but a few new ones have come in. Here are the first few. First a nice family portrait with two young girls. Looks to be a black wound badge and a couple of long service medals in wear.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Next a mountain trooper portrait.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X