War -time Bohemia.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Petr View Post
    This is my 1st post so be gentle with me.
    Interesting to note the lack of saddles in some of Petr's SURRENDER series.
    Also the saddles visible have very little in the way of saddle bags and pommel wallets.

Is this HQ Coy maybe<or is it a total mixed unit?

I actually found this thread searching Yahoo for Leibermuster.

Thanks for sharing Petr,really great stuff

Comment

I noticed the railwayman in his late 50's/early 60's! Also the women and children, no wonder the SS units tried to supress the Prague uprising to rescue whoever they could.

This was europe sliping back into much earlier times as far the the shift in populations following a war and the vengence of the mob! Exept this time there were camera's to record a little of the events.

Comment

Originally posted by Kozak1944 View Post
        Photos are great, but I can't understand why did you sign on them? Are you the owner in law of these? Are you a photographer, an author of these? Those big letters, sometimes in the middle of photo cover the view and spoil.
        the other thing is that some of these shot have pics of the camo Leibermuster and they are next to impossible to find in period pics! so the chance some muppet will find these pics copy them and sell them on ebay is pretty damn high!!! im going to start watermarking some of my pics soon as some of my new ones are pretty rare! thanks again for the GREAT pics!!! they really are rare!!!

Comment

thank you very much for sharing these beautiful pictures from Hronov !
          supeeeeeeer !

Comment

One of the best thread of these greats forums , thank you for sharring us all your treasures , congrats !!!
            It is a pleasure to take a look on every pic , slowly and with attention , a great moment .
            Thank you again
            Jacques

Comment

Cool thread!
              Cheers, Steve
              ----------------------------------------------------------------
              "Next to a battle lost, the saddest thing is a battle won." Arthur Wellesley — Duke of Wellington

Comment

Leibermuster

Originally posted by Petr View Post
                Again Eastern bohemia, same town as previous shot..Enjoy!

These guys must have just been captured or the one guy wouldnt still have a watch chain and watch dangling from his trousers !

Comment

MId 43 personal cameras banned

Originally posted by phild View Post
                  Yes I agree. 20 years ago and even less, many said that they NEVER existed because no high quality absolute un-doctored wartime photo was known!

Many say the same today about the so-called pink smock and the SS FJ smock.

Many also don't realize how rare (in comparison to pre-mid 44 era) very late WWII photos of German troops still in the field really are.

There is no doubt for me that in the years to come as more and more persona albums are published and late photos come to light the more things that are not believed now will become well documented as real.

Yes after mid 43 all personal cameras were bannned from the field making late war pics more rare.

Comment

Great pics Petr. I'll just add my thanks and amazement to all the others. Interesting contrast bewtween the surrender and the occupation of the Sudetenland pics!

Jonathan

Comment

Many thanks to Petr for sharing these photos.

I may have missed it, so please parden me. What city or town were these photos taken?

Does anybody out there know where the Leibermuster uniforms may have been manufactured?

Thank you,
                      Jimmy Nance

Comment

Originally posted by BFVGunner View Post
                        Many thanks to Petr for sharing these photos.

I may have missed it, so please parden me. What city or town were these photos taken?

Does anybody out there know where the Leibermuster uniforms may have been manufactured?

Thank you,
                        Jimmy Nance
                        Hi Jimmy,
                        sorry to be so late with my answer,these shots were taken in the town called Hronov in Eastern Bohemia..
                        Petr.

Comment

most of the photos are not available

Comment

Let me contribute and share a pic of Soviet troops - one of them is wearing captured Liebermuster trousers:

Comment

very nice, thanks for sharing !!

it is Leibermuster, not Liebermuster ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Askold View Post
                                Let me contribute and share a pic of Soviet troops - one of them is wearing captured Liebermuster trousers:

This "Leibermuster" photo is a long time a part of my collection, I showed it a time ago in this interesting thread: Click!

(Post#55)

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 23 users online. 0 members and 23 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X