Panzer Grenadier Documents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hank Cummings View Post
    No arguments there, plenty of doc sets out there with names spelled differently. No stamp doesn't usually bother me; it's just that this doc had other things that concerned me, so I added that. It's the least of the worries.This one bothers me the most; there are a lot of fake docs out there, mostly on militaria321, with the ink signatures that slant up and to the right; this looks the same, only with pencil. And it looks like somebody did it trying to be close to a signature, but just off enough that you can't trace it. Also, with the rank involved, it's pretty impossible to try and track it down.

And Martin, that is the most important thing. Leibregiment is okay with it, people with MUCH more knowledge than me have said it's probably good, so it well could be.

But for the hankmeister, I'd just be worried about paying the extra for it, because I'm sure it added to the price of the group.

All the best,
    Hank
    Hank, I am only a newbie on documents (I more like the metals) but speak with rationality (common sense?). I personally like what I see on the paperwork so I am honestly not so worried about a different/odd style signature.

As you say, its up to far more experienced collectors in the field !

Best
    Martin

Comment

A quick cross check of the unit history with the KVKII:

9th Pz Div Commanding Officers

Oberst Max Sperling, Aug 10, 44 to Sep 2, 44

Generalmajor Gerhard Müller, Sep 3, 44 to Sep 16, 44

Does the signature match the historical record?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
      X