Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Well...I like everything but the Panzervernichtung document. It might be good, but the 3 things I don't like are:

1. No stamp
              2. The signature looks "forced", as if it's supposed to resemble SOMETHING, but nothing definite
              3. I don't think "Obergefreite" is correct

If there was only 1 of the 3 above, no biggie, but all 3 together set off warning bells for me.

Everything else looks good. The tank killer doc might be good too, but it might be added to "boost" the group.

best,
              Hank

EDIT: I'm going to add #4.
              I don't like that it says he's allowed to wear the Aermelstreifen for "tank killing, and so forth (usw= "und so weiter")" I don't think usw. should be there.
              Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
              ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Hello

I would never dare to say good or not good as this is absolutely not my field of research but especially the used term "Obergefreite" is the correct german expression in this gramatical constellation.

\Christoph

Comment

Hank is right to treat the TDB with caution but my personal gut feeling is that it's right.

The unit has a direct link to the soldier's previous posting with Pz.A.A.16. According to Tessin the I Btl. of Feldersatz Rgt.63 came from the feld ersatz Btl. of the 16 Pz.Div. of which Pz.A.A.16 was part.

Bearing in mind the level this document was issued at, company, the improvised field typed nature of it and the nature of the late war formation it isn't too surprising to see a lack of stamp.

I can't help feeling this group is missing at least an EKII. The assault badge award is relatively early, he was wounded and qualified for a CCC which should automatically have qualified him for an EKII. Getting a KVKII late on in the war is also often seen with those soldiers who had got an EKII early on but nothing more other than qualification type awards after that.
                  Last edited by Simon O.; 04-16-2008, 01:21 PM.
                  Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Thanks guys, I personally am quite happy but needed a second opinion, the doc's were purchased cheaply and over the phone. I was more interested in the bronze tank.....the tank destruction badge was a bonus..

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisA View Post
                      Hello

I would never dare to say good or not good as this is absolutely not my field of research but especially the used term "Obergefreite" is the correct german expression in this gramatical constellation.

\Christoph
                      Thanks for that clarification Christoph; my German is good, but wasn't sure.

best
                      Hank
                      Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.

Comment

Hank, just gone through the book

"TANK KILLERS: HISTORY OF THE TANK DESTRUCTION BADGE by T.Breyette & R.Bender"

and two of the citations in the book do not have stamps, Paul

PS "usw" is also on a number of citations noted in the book
                        Last edited by leibregiment; 04-20-2008, 12:58 PM.

Comment

I am with Hank for that TDB document, I don't like that signature at all, looks like done by some one who wants to write a german name, sure it looks too "forced".

yours friendly

Eric-Jan

Comment

I am not so sure about some doubts of this document....

About the mistake in "Obergefreite" I must say its spelled wrong but in other documents they spelled his name "Jany" (instead of "Janny") also wrong...So mistakes/failures in typing can be made.

About the missing stamp I can only say that in other documents of this kind, stamps are also missing sometimes. Its not a formel printed document. Its a Bestaetigung !

About the signature: not everyone has a nice smooth signature like Rommel.

In the end I am personally not so afraid about this document. I like the lettering, the paperwork etc.

Martin

Comment

Originally posted by mdj View Post
                              I am not so sure about some doubts of this document....

About the mistake in "Obergefreite" I must say its spelled wrong but in other documents they spelled his name "Jany" (instead of "Janny") also wrong...So mistakes/failures in typing can be made.
                              No arguments there, plenty of doc sets out there with names spelled differently.

About the missing stamp I can only say that in other documents of this kind, stamps are also missing sometimes. Its not a formel printed document. Its a Bestaetigung !
                              No stamp doesn't usually bother me; it's just that this doc had other things that concerned me, so I added that. It's the least of the worries.

About the signature: not everyone has a nice smooth signature like Rommel.
                              This one bothers me the most; there are a lot of fake docs out there, mostly on militaria321, with the ink signatures that slant up and to the right; this looks the same, only with pencil. And it looks like somebody did it trying to be close to a signature, but just off enough that you can't trace it. Also, with the rank involved, it's pretty impossible to try and track it down.
                              In the end I am personally not so afraid about this document. I like the lettering, the paperwork etc.

Martin
                              And Martin, that is the most important thing. Leibregiment is okay with it, people with MUCH more knowledge than me have said it's probably good, so it well could be.

But for the hankmeister, I'd just be worried about paying the extra for it, because I'm sure it added to the price of the group.

All the best,
                              Hank

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X