Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KC Group!

Friend John,
    This is a fantastic group. Hearty congratulations on a great addition to an already wonderful collection! Thanks for sharing!
    Best Regards,
    Dick

Comment

EXCELLENT !!!

A well decorated combat soldier.

Thanks for showing.

Comment

John,

Just a fantastic RK document group.

Thanks for showing.

yours
        Eric-Jan

Comment

Thank you for all the kind words.

Even when removing price from the equation, quality groups like this are so very difficult to acquire today, as there are just so few that remain completely intact and are this extensive.

I try to only collect 'complete' groups i.e. ones where all or most of the documents are present, not denazified, etc. And when the group is to an Knight's Cross 'Holder', for me there is nothing better.

Best,
          John
          Last edited by InfanterieSammler; 02-27-2008, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Hi John-

You are a true collector with a gifted eye for beautiful,historical groupings!

Just like you, I always appreciate true historical groups which come with a lot of acompanying paperwork which brings a group of award documents to real life and let's us fly back in time and learn a lot about the individual himself and the historical circumstances surrounding him.

Way to go!!!

Comment

Originally posted by markus View Post
              You are a true collector with a gifted eye for beautiful,historical groupings!
              Right back at ya

Wisch, Borchers...should I go on?

Take Care Friend,
              JD

Comment

Originally posted by John M. Donovan View Post
                Right back at ya

Wisch, Borchers...should I go on?

Take Care Friend,
                JD

Thanks John, you know I do what I can...

By the way the "Wisch"-group just grew a little bigger today...if you know what I refer to

Comment

Markus,I do indeed you lucky SOB...

Anyone have any ideas on the signature on the EKI document?

Thanks,
                  JD

Comment

Hi John-

I really do not know about the EK1 signature. Could it be a "von Bitter" or something similar?

The Generaloberst who sent the KC congratulations Funkspruch is
                    a Gen.Oberst BUSCH. Sometimes Germans put a little line above the letter "U" in written language, but it has nothing to do with "Ü".

Is this the Gen.Oberst Busch who got promoted to "GFM" in Feb. 1943?

Comment

group

Wow!

Beautiful group John,

Thanks for sharing.

Regards

Jeremy

Comment

Hi John-

I really do not know about the EK1 signature. Could it be a "von Bitter" or something similar?

a Gen.Oberst BUSCH. Sometimes Germans put a little line above the letter "U" in written language, but it has nothing to do with "Ü".

From Lexicon der Wehrmacht

Generalleutnant Karl Burdach was commander of 251 I.D. until March '43

From Axis Biographical Research

Burdach became commander of Group Brudach (Kampfgruppe?) of the XXVII Army Corps - December to 1 Feb 43, then Commander of the Korps.

I hope this helps.

Mark

Comment

Hi John-

Hi Markus-

I did not know that about the umlaut, that explains things perfectly...Yes, this is indeed Gen.Oberst Busch, commander of the 16. Armee which the 126 ID (Naseband's division) was part of. Busch was promoted GFM a month later...

Thanks!
                          John

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Mac View Post
                            From Lexicon der Wehrmacht

Generalleutnant Karl Burdach was commander of 251 I.D. until March '43

From Axis Biographical Research

Burdach became commander of Group Brudach (Kampfgruppe?) of the XXVII Army Corps - December to 1 Feb 43, then Commander of the Korps.

I hope this helps.

Mark
                            Hi Mark-

Naseband received the EKI with Inf. Rgt. 424, part of the 126. ID which was commanded at this time by General d. Infanterie Paul Laux. He only served with the 251. ID later...

What leaves me struggling is the signature does not appear like Laux to me. So who is it then???

Best,
                            John
                            Last edited by InfanterieSammler; 03-01-2008, 10:43 PM.

Comment

Great document grouping !!!

P

Comment

Originally posted by John M. Donovan View Post
                                Hi Mark-

Naseband received the EKI with Inf. Rgt. 424, part of the 126. ID which was commanded at this time by General d. Infanterie Paul Laux. He only served with the 251. ID later...

What leaves me struggling is the signature does not appear like Laux to me. So who is it then???

Best,
                                John
                                Sorry, John. I was looking at the RK document...Laux was the commander, and Hoppe the Rgt. commander '41 to '42.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 10 users online. 0 members and 10 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X