unknown RKT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

unknown RKT

The attached photo is a period color image of a RKT and pilot.

Unfortunately he is not wearing any Spange which might narrow down which branch, i.e. Jagdflieger, Kampfflieger etc. he belonged.

The image I received in a group and it was positioned as being RKT Bernhard Sartor of KG51. I believe this is incorrect since Sartor was a Beobachter and other images of Sartor from this period do not bear a resemblance except possibly for their lack of hair on top.

Perhaps Bruno Stolle??

Your thoughts are welcome.

Cheers

Jeremy
    Attached Files

Hi Jeremy,

No idea who it is, however there is a likeness to Bruno Stolle but it is not him...also Stolle won his RK as a Hauptmann.

Will peruse my photos..........

/Ian
    Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Hi,

itt is Max Buchholz !!!

Gruß

Comment

rkt

I agree with Herbert on Bucholz,sometimes he wore a moustache
        as he is in the photo that is in the Obermaier book.
        Harmel

Comment

Yes, I can see that now .....RK 12.8.1941 as Oberleutnant u. Staffelkapitän 2/JG 3

/Ian
          Attached Files

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Rkt

Excellant!

Thanks gents I was just about to suggest that myself.

Ian nice mock up!

Thanks again.

Jeremy

Comment

Originally posted by JeremyJ View Post
              Thanks gents I was just about to suggest that myself.
              Sure you were Jeremey! Sure you were

/Ian

Comment

rkt

I tell ya I get no respect around here.

Comment

great photo Jeremy ! I love to see RKT in color !
                  But i could not resist knocking a few years fade off it on photoshop for a quick minute. Hope you dont mind.
                  Ian

Comment

Last time I put a mustachio on a picture the judge gave me 2 weeks community service

Great job on that.

Comment

For the tiny minority here who might be vaguely curious as to who he was:

BUCHHOLZ, Max. (DOB: 03.11.12 in Zerbst/Sachsen). (R). 1940 in I./JG 3. 15.07.41 Oblt., Staka 2./JG 3 (to 31.12.41). 12.08.41 Oblt., awarded Ritterkreuz, Staka 2./JG 3. 01.01.42 Oblt., appt Staka 5./JG 1 (to at least 31.12.42). 01.08.44 Hptm., appt Kdr. I./JG 106 (to 16.04.45). 1945 Maj. Credited with c.170 combat missions and 28 air victories. †19.07.96.

According to the Luftwaffenpersonalamt, there were two "H"s in his last name.

Does anyone know his assignment(s) between January 1943 and August 1944?

--Larry

Comment

Rkt

Nice job Ian it really brings the images to life. Or gives it more life in this case.

Larry thanks also for your background info. on Buchholz. Unfortunatley no info. on the time frame you inquired about. He is listed to some extent in Priens I. /JG3 but this obviously does not cover the timeframe of your inquiry.

Regards

Jeremy

Comment

Waffenfarbe should be yellow as he was a pilot?
                          Cheers
                          Elwyn

Comment

Rkt

Hi Elwyn,

He's an officer and as such he has silver braid for piping.

Jeremy

Comment

Larry thanks also for your background info. on Buchholz. Unfortunatley no info. on the time frame you inquired about. He is listed to some extent in Priens I. /JG3 but this obviously does not cover the timeframe of your inquiry.
                              Thanks, Jeremy. I have all of the Jochen Prien volumes and, as you said, there is no mention of him during that time frame. It seems like he either disappeared into a minor staff job somewhere or he was wounded and had to convalesce for a number of months.

--Larry

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X