• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Peter!
    Originally posted by peterm View Post
    A very nice portrait, Bill!

Cheers, Peter

Comment

Thanks Paul.....As you have surmised and heard from veterans many items/ insignia were applied by hand and photos taken with items no longer authorized.

Originally posted by PaulW View Post
      Wonderful additions Bill.

Ref the sequence of posts #1339 - 1343 you can see the effect of the Jan 1944 order to drop the white collar tabs (in forward zones), but back home on leave the collar tabs are re-applied?

We all like to see factory machine sewn insignia in our collections, but I can imagine a lot was sewn on by hand and back off again perhaps a number of times. I've heard this first hand from veterans.

Meanwhile "Der Spiess"'s white collar tabs (#1343 - note the book tucked into his wrap tunic) are going nowhere!

Regards, Paul

Comment

Sep 19 - 1
        Attached Files

Comment

Some portraits from a new HG grouping including HG SB i just got .
          The guy even received a Pz uniform set in his SB in 1945 but unfortunately no pictures of him in his Pz outfit !
          He was in Berlin on the 01 of April 45 . He might have taken part in the Berlin
          end fights ?
          He survived them as many postwar pics are included in the lot .
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by GAMS1 View Post
            Some portraits from a new HG grouping including HG SB i just got .
            The guy even received a Pz uniform set in his SB in 1945 but unfortunately no pictures of him in his Pz outfit !
            He was in Berlin on the 01 of April 45 . He might have taken part in the Berlin
            end fights ?
            He survived them as many postwar pics are included in the lot .
            Very nice!

In the earlier lower pictures you can see he started prior to April 1943 (Flieger rank, piped collar patches).

Later he might have been stationed in Italy (tropical kit, now has the EK2).

Perhaps later (top right picture), or on leave (Gefreiter rank/ EK2 ribbon, unpiped collar patches?) he has a white piped collar (supposedly dropped in 1940!) showing again the disregard for regulations - and possibly a 'Walking Out' best fliegerbluse?

Although the white collar patches were ordered to be removed in January 1944 this does not seem to have applied to rear areas/ walking out dress etc - as seen in numerous wartime pictures, so the top right picture could even have been quite late in the war, difficult to say. Interesting that he is wearing a sidearm, in an occupied country perhaps, Holland etc where the HG had barracks until relatively late in the war?

Thanks for showing!

Regards, Paul
            Last edited by PaulW; 10-11-2019, 12:49 AM.

Comment

Wilhelm Schmalz
              Attached Files

Comment

Walther V. Axthelm
                Attached Files

Comment

Karl-Heinz Wallhäusser
                  Attached Files

Comment

Well it's been awhile since I had anything to post in my RGG - HG thread. I just picked up a little grouping of photos on a HG Soldier who had done his recruit training in the Kraftfahrer/Kradschutzen Kompanie Utrecht/Amersfoort Holland. You will notice that none of the HG members are wearing cufftitles which is normal for recruits but not for cadre but all are wearing white collar tabs.

Jan 20 01
                    Attached Files

Comment

Jan 20 - 02
                      Attached Files

Comment

Jan 20 - 03
                        Attached Files

Comment

Jan 20 - 04
                          Attached Files

Comment

Jan 20 - 05
                            Attached Files

Comment

Jan 20 - 06
                              Attached Files

Comment

Jan 20 - 07
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 12 users online. 0 members and 12 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X