• Show
Clear All

Mar 19 - Album - HG Portrait Large & Post Card size
    Attached Files

Comment

Mar 19 - Album - Here is the HG Soldier as a RAD mann
      Attached Files

Comment

Mar 19 - Album - Here he is with his brother (on your right) who was a Fallschirmjaeger. His brother was a POW in Camp Hill, VA in 1944. I posted pictures of his brother in my new FJ photo thread.
        Attached Files

Comment

Mar 19 - HG 2 UTRECHT
          Attached Files

Comment

Mar 19 - HG 3
            Attached Files

Comment

Mar 19 - HG 4
              Attached Files
              Last edited by W Petz; 03-29-2019, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Mar 19 - HG 5
                Attached Files

Comment

Great additions Bill.

Looking at #1278 the FJ soldiers either side of the subject seem to wearing the aforementioned and fairly rarely seen Waffenrock jackets with the 5 button front and tell-tale lack of a top button (i.e fastened with a hook and eye at the top, not a button).

#1280 - Love the wooden clogs being worn, stationed in Holland by any chance?

In that picture - lots of white piped collars in evidence, plus one man with non-white collar patches (Flak?), perhaps recently transferred in and still wearing the old insignia, or attached for a training course?

Regards, Paul

Comment

Howdy Paul.

I haven't had the chance to look up that waffenrock yet but I will.

Good Guess on the Dutch wooden shoes! HaHa!!

What I see in fotos showing new HG Recruits in Holland are various collar tabs...flak, flight and white tabs without the wings. When training is completed they will all be wearing their white tabs.

BTW on that last Portrait there is piping around the white collar tab...Flakartillerie

I have more portraits/photos on the way...one with a very nice HG Cuff title!

Best Regards!

Bill

Originally posted by PaulW View Post
                    Great additions Bill.

Looking at #1278 the FJ soldiers either side of the subject seem to wearing the aforementioned and fairly rarely seen Waffenrock jackets with the 5 button front and tell-tale lack of a top button (i.e fastened with a hook and eye at the top, not a button).

#1280 - Love the wooden clogs being worn, stationed in Holland by any chance?

In that picture - lots of white piped collars in evidence, plus one man with non-white collar patches (Flak?), perhaps recently transferred in and still wearing the old insignia, or attached for a training course?

Regards, Paul

Comment

Paul,

In 1281 the young HG trooper has black piping (Pioneer) around his white collar tabs.

Bill

Comment

Apr 19 - 1
                        Attached Files

Comment

Apr 19 - 2 - HG Panzer members by the Eiffel Tower in Paris.
                          Attached Files

Comment

A little crinkled,
                            Kerry.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Kerry ...A very nice HG portrait with piping around the collar!

Originally posted by kerryboo View Post
                              A little crinkled,
                              Kerry.

Comment

Thank you Bill,
                                Regards,
                                Kerry.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 9 users online. 0 members and 9 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X