No announcement yet.

Sharing my RGG & HG Portraits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black panzer wrap with LW eagle, LW belt buckle, ground combat badge,blue gray shoulders board; sounds to be an HG soldier
    Attached Files

Comment

Jacques,

Great portrait pic......it is possible but I don't see a HG Cufftitle so it also could be Luftwaffe Feld Division or Fallschirmjaeger. Thanks for sharing - Bill

Originally posted by jacques View Post
      Black panzer wrap with LW eagle, LW belt buckle, ground combat badge,blue gray shoulders board; sounds to be an HG soldier

Comment

Originally posted by W Petz View Post
        Jacques,

Great portrait pic......it is possible but I don't see a HG Cufftitle so it also could be Luftwaffe Feld Division or Fallschirmjaeger. Thanks for sharing - Bill
        In addition to that, the collar tabs are not white, nor ist the piping...

gk

Comment

I guessed that HG panzer used to wear various kind of collar tabs: normal panzer rose piping, white piping, white collar tab, white rose piped tabs. The CCC could tend to think it is a Felddivision. At least he shows many nice mixed LW and Heer badges.
          Here is another one
          Attached Files
          Last edited by jacques; 03-16-2008, 03:14 AM.

Comment

Lovely Photos jacques......

I suppose as ' Der Speiss ' and enforcer of the
            dress code, no one was going to pull him up about
            that mixture ...

Thanks for sharing...

JOHN.

Comment

Jacques,

Again super portraits!....here are two HG portraits that recently arrived thanks to the former owner Francois. #1
              Attached Files
              Last edited by W Petz; 03-20-2008, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Hg #2
                Attached Files

Comment

Nice pictures!
                  What is "RGG" ?? i got some pictures of Herman Göring Regiment.. should i post them?
                  I'm collecting anything related to the towns Castricum and Bakkum during WWII.
                  Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.
                  My website: Gotrick.nl

Comment

RGG(Regiment General Göring)

RGG would be regiment general goring,not shure if matters or which is right or to the german form,like HGR could be used too i suppose,but maybe thats just the english way of saying it?.

http://www.axishistory.com/index.php?id=2706

Comment

Great pics guys!! I love the HG portraits alot and I wish I had a collection like you have Bill. Must have taken alot of time to collect them. Where do you purchase most of them out of curiosity? And by the way thanks for sharing your collection with us.

-Shawn

Comment

Hello Shawn,

Most of my portraits have come from Flea markets, Military shows in Germany and also some on Ebay...like the last two from a WAF member who was selling them on Ebay. Most of my entire collection of photos
                        has taken me almost twenty years to collect. I'm still going at it even though I'm back in Europe and it's costing me a small fortune due to the weak dollar. There are still deals on ebay though...luck has alot to do with it. Good luck to you on seeking out HG portraits. Bill

Originally posted by Shawn Hall View Post
                        Great pics guys!! I love the HG portraits alot and I wish I had a collection like you have Bill. Must have taken alot of time to collect them. Where do you purchase most of them out of curiosity? And by the way thanks for sharing your collection with us.

-Shawn

Comment

Rick,

I invite you and all others who have HG portraits to post them here. I would love to see what is out there and has slipped though my fingers!!!

Member FJ is right Regiment General Goering started out small...their ranks were initially filled by Police from Munich which Hermann Goering had alot to do with transitionng them into the Luftwaffe. I have an early Erkennungmarke (ID Tag) that I picked up at a flea market in Bad Durkheim, Germany that reads 12/RGG. The twelft company was the Paratroopers of the Regiment who eventually became cadre at Stendal and evolved into FJ Regt 1

Bill

Originally posted by Rick Admiraal View Post
                          Nice pictures!
                          What is "RGG" ?? i got some pictures of Herman Göring Regiment.. should i post them?
                          Last edited by W Petz; 03-21-2008, 04:50 AM.

Comment

Well it really must have slipped trough your fingers since i bought them from Ebay.
                            Funny thing was, in the ad. itself the seller also said it was from HG but not much people bid on it
                            So i got it pretty cheap... there was one double which i sold off for a bit more then the pictures + shipping costed me so i kinda got them for free
                            They are dated and with some text on them i believe.
                            When i get home from work (Ik loop stage), i'll dig them up and post them.
                            Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.

Comment

Ohhh now that i look at the writings at the backside i see that on some R.G.G. is written...
                              I always thought it was R.S.S. and never knew what it was

On one of the pictures you can see the Berlin olimpian stadion.. and what are the other buildings? training camp?
                              Well i scanned them in, and resized them a bit, if you want to see a bigger version, just ask

Comment

Rick,

Nice pics of early RGG the two middle pics are the Barracks at Reinickendorf Garrison - Bill

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 68 users online. 0 members and 68 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X