• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Great photos Bill!

I was at the the SoS today and picked this one up. I bought it for the subject matter of the photo. Got home scanned it and I think the officer is HG. What do you think?

Mike
        Attached Files

Comment

Mike,

I agree with you....He is HG with a mixture of other LW Officers...could be they are on joint maneuvers. Nice pickup!! How was the show??? Did you go see Jim Haley and his brother Mike??? Bill

P.S. I will be hitting a Military show in Germany on Sunday....Hopefully I will find alot of new photos to post!

Originally posted by R MICHAEL View Post
          Great photos Bill!

I was at the the SoS today and picked this one up. I bought it for the subject matter of the photo. Got home scanned it and I think the officer is HG. What do you think?

Mike

Comment

Good This is my first HG related photo.

The show was a bit poor as in the photo area, IMHO. I looked thru a bunch of albums and singles and only bought a few.

I did get to meet Jim. A very nice guy, though I hit his table at a busy time. almost bought an album from him again this year but I was just too picky..lol
            I was on the prowl for a good US album.
            Originally posted by W Petz View Post
            Mike,

I agree with you....He is HG with a mixture of other LW Officers...could be they are on joint maneuvers. Nice pickup!! How was the show??? Did you go see Jim Haley and his brother Mike??? Bill

Comment

Sorry to hear about the lack of interesting photos for you. The year I went I hit George Peterson's box of photo goodies and spent over a thousand bucks!!! US Albums appear to be non-existent at the SOS as I was searching for them as well. I guess most of the US albums show up on chopping block of Eporked. I gather you are not going back to the show. I have better luck on photos over here and looking forward to hitting a flea market on Saturday and the Military Show on Sunday!!! Take Care - Bill

Originally posted by R MICHAEL View Post
              Good This is my first HG related photo.

The show was a bit poor as in the photo area, IMHO. I looked thru a bunch of albums and singles and only bought a few.

I did get to meet Jim. A very nice guy, though I hit his table at a busy time. almost bought an album from him again this year but I was just too picky..lol
              I was on the prowl for a good US album.

Comment

Here are the last of the group of HG Flak photos #24
                Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

the last photo is so fantastic Bill.
                        It makes that 88 look like the front of a panzer with the barrel coming right at you, very cool !
                        The funny thing that photo reminds me of, is when irelands army was allowed have its first large military march through dublin city two year ago for the celebrations of the 1916 rising.
                        It showed off all its latest equipment, including its flak unit. 5 1945 british anti aircraft guns much smaller than this mighty 88.
                        That is to defend the entire island of ireland........ god help us
                        Ian

Comment

So it goes Bill. It seemed the albums that were there had rather mundane content. There were a few nice albums but the ratio of interesting photos to bombed out buildings, local wild life did not make me want to buy.

I also noted a fair amount of fake photos this year. One that was scary had the proper period scalloped edge and even had a nicely toned image as well as remnants of album paper. but around the paper the backing was bright whiteand glossy..

good luck at the flea markets!

Mike
                          Originally posted by W Petz View Post
                          Sorry to hear about the lack of interesting photos for you. The year I went I hit George Peterson's box of photo goodies and spent over a thousand bucks!!! US Albums appear to be non-existent at the SOS as I was searching for them as well. I guess most of the US albums show up on chopping block of Eporked. I gather you are not going back to the show. I have better luck on photos over here and looking forward to hitting a flea market on Saturday and the Military Show on Sunday!!! Take Care - Bill

Comment

I just noticed the guy is wearing the cuff title HG
                            Attached Files

Comment

I just found this one hiding in a old box of photos i had forgotten about.
                              It has ( Frulenan 20 Okt 1943) on the back. hope you enjoy. Ian

Comment

Originally posted by i.spring View Post
                                Frulenan 20 Okt 1943
                                Frulenan? Could it be anything else?

Regards
                                gk

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 8 users online. 0 members and 8 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X