Vintage Productions

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Caution when inserting photos! Copiers!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is a shame but unfortunately it has come to my attention that "Army-Navy-Media" has apparently downloaded images which have been shown on the Wehrmacht-Awards forum by me and has been selling these on Ebay as "reproductions" without my permission. This has been brought to my attention and I was shocked to see more than 20 of my images being sold at between $2 and $3 each!! I have written to "Army-Navy-Media" who is an Ebay seller and asked them to cease and desist with the sale of these prints. This unfortunately means that I will have to mark these in some way before more photos can be placed on the forum or in poor resolution. We have a great hobby and/or interest but unfortunately the greed for profit sometimes brings out the black sheep. Please use caution and mark your photos to stop this illegal practice.

PzV

That is a terrible thing. Everyone's trying to make a quick buck

Comment

I'm afraid this has been going on for some time. I discovered the same a few years ago after posting many examples on another forum and I had to resort to deleting most of my images. Now, nearly all my posted photos are in low resolution and/or have my logo across them.
      Max.

Comment

Yes, sadly where there is any chance for money to be made, there will always be those greedy scam artists who will do anything to make more money.

But look at all the fakes out there. Whether uniforms, medals or photos.... no difference.

It is sad that we have to change our way of sharing our collections because of these dirt bags.

Comment

Interesting.

I had a look and recognize at least two of Larry's colorization work on there for sale and others.

I also found one from my collection.

The thing that gets me is he/she adds his/her own name so they can't be copied and sold by others.

Cheers

Karl

Comment

Unfortunately I have learned. I have also written to Ebay in regards to this and got a very weak answer that I must take this up with the person selling my images! Naturally Ebay earns money with every illegal image which is sold and is more than happy to pass the buck. I have always preferred to post higher quality images as it helps on the detail which we often need to see. I will attempt to find out the name of the seller from Ebay and report this person to Wehrmacht-Awards if it is a member. My good friend Bill warned me to mark my images and unfortunately this will now have to be done with each posting.
            PzV

p.s. here are some of the Ebay "auctions" from this "dealer": 280184500346, 270156551487, 270190210053, 270190210346, 270190210602 and the list goes on and on!!

Comment

Karl, please write to Ebay and protest this violation of your photo. Also write to "Army-Navy-Media" and insist that they remove the image for copyright violation.

PzV

Comment

just did a quick look and I am floored. I have seen photos from larry to Bill Petz.
                I wonder if the a%#hole is a member here.

Comment

Jim,

Well this person or person's are also taking known images from some books which is an outright violation of copyright protection. I count at least 7 of my images on this website...all are from my negative images. All are US GI's/ and some are from my USAAF Ace. No telling how many more they have stolen from me. If this person is a WAF member they should be banned. I recommend if anyone has posted an image on WAF to check out that ebay website and make note if your image is being sold for a profit. The big thing is they can keep selling the same images over and over again if nothing is done about it. If ebay does not take any action (which I don't expect) It may come to filing some sort of legal action. I would think if there is enough membership involved that it could be possible. It's really a shame that such a dealer has stooped so low to steal images that do not belong to them and sell them for a profit. Bill

Originally posted by PzV View Post
                  Unfortunately I have learned. I have also written to Ebay in regards to this and got a very weak answer that I must take this up with the person selling my images! Naturally Ebay earns money with every illegal image which is sold and is more than happy to pass the buck. I have always preferred to post higher quality images as it helps on the detail which we often need to see. I will attempt to find out the name of the seller from Ebay and report this person to Wehrmacht-Awards if it is a member. My good friend Bill warned me to mark my images and unfortunately this will now have to be done with each posting.
                  PzV

p.s. here are some of the Ebay "auctions" from this "dealer": 280184500346, 270156551487, 270190210053, 270190210346, 270190210602 and the list goes on and on!!

Comment

Mike, that a### must either be a member or got the downloads from a member as only members have viewing priveledges if I am not mistaken. I have written the "Army-Navy-Media" to immediately remove my images (each one!) so he has a flock of e-mails from me. I have also written to Ebay that he is selling "Nazi" images which are falsely listed such as the Reichsführer SS man in auction 280184500346 where the runes eagles and swastika are clearly visible- if Ebay won't help let's hit them with their own rules! Please if you find one of your images or a number of them which "Army-Navy-Media" have stolen so to speak, report them to Ebay and also insist that the vendor remove them from his shop on Ebay. Now I have to find out how to mark my pictures so that they can not be reproduced!

PzV

Comment

Ahhh, quite rigt. I had forgotton that. I saw one image that I used to own and posted on this forum so I am assuming he fished it from here. sending you a PM.

Mike
                      Mike, that a### must either be a member or got the downloads from a member as only members have viewing priveledges if I am not mistaken. I have written the "Army-Navy-Media" to immediately remove my images (each one!) so he has a flock of e-mails from me. I have also written to Ebay that he is selling "Nazi" images which are falsely listed such as the Reichsführer SS man in auction 280184500346 where the runes eagles and swastika are clearly visible- if Ebay won't help let's hit them with their own rules! Please if you find one of your images or a number of them which "Army-Navy-Media" have stolen so to speak, report them to Ebay and also insist that the vendor remove them from his shop on Ebay. Now I have to find out how to mark my pictures so that they can not be reproduced!

PzV

Comment

Jim,

I found three more images of mine on his ebay auction that is a total of 10. I'm pretty pissed off . This guy says in his about ME...that he spent over 10 years in the Military and says he is a fair and honest person. What a lying sack of horse manure!!! He reminds me of a Ret USAF Major that we all know and avoid on Ebay!!! I've sent in a complaint to Ebay and also sent him an email to remove my photos from his auction site. He is probably making a killing as his minimum shipping charge is $3.00 in the USA and he is selling 30 images per ebay auction at $2.00 to $3.00 each with a buy it now option so you cannot alert the buyer that they are dealing with a very dishonest dealer selling stolen images. Hmmmm I wonder if any forum members live near him to make a house call??? Bill

PzV

Comment

This is outright fraud and theft. Check this one out
                          http://cgi.ebay.com/WW2-German-Solda...QQcmdZViewItem

You can even see where the ba*****d has photoshopped the watermark.
                          Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Simon, you are right, even marking the photo may not help if he uses Photo Shop. I found that he had sold one copy of one of my photos for $13.00 (auction 280182040134)!!!! Figure out his profit margin, actual costs, far less than a dollar, profit: over $ 12. He does these in packets of 30 to 50 photos. With about 20 pages of these photos just add it up! I have written to two recent purchasers of unauthorized copies of my photos and will see what they say. I have also noted that some buyers were not satisfied with what they got. Ebay has been very lame about this as they profit whether it is legal or illegal! Will see what happens!

PzV

Comment

I am with you on this one. This is just horrible! I'm sure us WAF members would be willing to do anything to help get this fixed.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X