set of award documents and medals to one man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Simon orchard View Post
    Die Verleihung des Kriegsverdienstkreuzes mit schwerten schließt die Verleihung der entsprechenden Klasse des Kriegsverdienstkreuzes ohne Schwerter aus. Wird das Kriegsverdienstkreuzes mit schwerten nach erfolgter Verleihung des Kriegsverdienstkreuzes ohne Schwerter verliehen, so ist die entsprechende Klasse des Kriegsverdienstkreuzes ohne Schwerter abzulegen. Sie bleibt jedoch im besitz des verliehenen.
    This has nothing to do with the regulation I have quoted, which says in a nutshell: If you have already been awarded the Iron Cross, you cannot be awarded the Kriegsverdienstkreuz of the same class. I was not talking about KVK with swords or not...

Regards
    gk

Comment

Maybe, the award document for the KVK is a replacement issued later during the war.

Originally posted by grobkörnig View Post
      This has nothing to do with the regulation I have quoted, which says in a nutshell: If you have already been awarded the Iron Cross, you cannot be awarded the Kriegsverdienstkreuz of the same class. I was not talking about KVK with swords or not...

Regards
      gk
      Last edited by 101combatvet; 12-16-2007, 11:01 PM.

Comment

Also, there's a gold wound badge with a gold drivers badge document. Not that that's bad, just means a doc & an award is missing.

Nice set.

best
        Hank
        Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
        ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Originally posted by grobkörnig View Post

Regards
          gk
          You quoted artikel 4 on the regulations for the award of the KVK did you not? Well i quoted this same artikel 4 as it stood in 1943, it was ammended in 1941 and it does not include mention of the EK.

This is the book i mentioned.
          http://www.german-militaria.de/details/d14782.html
          Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Simon,

I got it... Artikel 4 was changed in the "Reichsgesetzblatt vom 4. Oktober 1941 Nr. 114 on page 614 ("Zweite Verordnung zur Änderung der Verordnung über die Stiftung des Kriegsverdienstkreuzes."). They just left the Iron Cross part out... That makes sense.

Regards
            gk

Comment

hey thxs guys,

thxs guys sorry its causing so much confusion, i did not know that about the war merit cross and ic deal.

also i did not have a gold driving badge, only a gold wound badge, so im trying to get one to add to this lot. thxs again joe

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X