Sniper certificate from vets´son

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gran Sasso View Post
    I received this last friday form the son of the vet. Unfortunately all other items (exept the medals) were burnt by the soldiers´ wife after the war. This only survived as the vet gave it to his son before the burning took place.

I have never seen one like this - I think its quite rare.
    Can you to say to me the name of the first lieutenant which signed the certificate?

Comment

Most definately a snipers course certificate......each Wehrkreis had a school and ran courses. Many soldiers stationed in Norway in "Festungs Batiallonen" attended such courses.

Whether or not they were actually used in "anger" as a sniper is debatable.

Very nice and desirable....this does not entitle him to wear the Scharfschützen badge however!

/Ian
      Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Originally posted by tera View Post
        Can you to say to me the name of the first lieutenant which signed the certificate?
        I received this last friday form the son of the vet. Unfortunately all other items (exept the medals) were burnt by the soldiers´ wife after the war. This only survived as the vet gave it to his son before the burning took place.

I have never seen one like this - I think its quite rare.

I to congratulate you your certificate it is very nice
        Can make you enlargement of your certificate for bloody idiot then better admire curiosities how you have?

Mercie of your kindness to have made share your certificate

Comment

Originally posted by tera View Post
          I read "Orth".

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jewison View Post
            Very nice and desirable....this does not entitle him to wear the Scharfschützen badge however!
            For sure not - nobody has said so, or?

Comment

For sure not - nobody has said so, or?
              No, but there already has been some confusion on this Urkunde anyway...

Sometimes people read and only pick up on what they think or what they want to read and then come to the wrong conclusion!

Yes, Orth looks like the signature.........there were 3 DKiG holders with that name but none I believe are this person.

/Ian

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Most definately a snipers course certificate......each Wehrkreis had a school and ran courses. Many soldiers stationed in Norway in "Festungs Batiallonen" attended such courses.

Whether or not they were actually used in "anger" as a sniper is debatable.

/Ian
                It can translate me to you the signification of word Wehrkreis (which been is nobody their rank is if you have name of anybody of)

Knew you the number of nobody which one is part of lessons

Where it is lessons which been gives in the best Shooter?

Mercie many for is worth information?

Comment

Tera,

I do not understand your English?

Do you mean what is a Wehrkreis?

If so it is a Military District. In this case Wehrkreis I which had it's H.Q. in Königsberg. It was also known as stellv. Generalkommando I. Armeekorps which was the Deputy General H.Q. of I. Armee Korps.

These courses were run in somewhere in each Wehrkreis and at Kampfschule, obviously lasting 5-6 weeks!

/Ian

Comment

Detlev Niemann sold a group of 6 certificates to a soldier who had completed the same sniper training course some 2-3 years back.

The group contained:
                    - Award doc EK 2
                    - Wound badge doc black
                    - East Medal doc
                    - War Merit Cross 2nd class with swords
                    - Sniper Training course graduation doc 1943
                    - Sniper Training course graduation doc 1944 ( the pictured style doc )

The group did not sell at first and was priced down to EUR 1,500.00.

Comment

Tera,

I do not understand your English?

Do you mean what is a Wehrkreis?

If so it is a Military District. In this case Wehrkreis I which had it's H.Q. in Königsberg. It was also known as stellv. Generalkommando I. Armeekorps which was the Deputy General H.Q. of I. Armee Korps.

These courses were run in somewhere in each Wehrkreis and at Kampfschule, obviously lasting 5-6 weeks!

/Ian
                      ----------------------------------------------

I follow grieve for my English because I use a translator (automatic translator) because I to speak English not to grieve (forgiveness for my English)

Wehrkreis it is what?
                      It is a rank?
                      Commander of barracks?
                      Or instructors?

--------------------------------
                      french
                      Je suis désoler pour mon anglais car je utilise un translator (traducteur automatique) car je ne parler pas anglais désoler (pardon pour mon anglais)

Wehrkreis c’est quoi ?
                      C’est un grade ?
                      Commandant de caserne ?
                      Ou instructeurs ?

Comment

Originally posted by markus View Post
                        Detlev Niemann sold a group of 6 certificates to a soldier who had completed the same sniper training course some 2-3 years back.

The group contained:
                        - Award doc EK 2
                        - Wound badge doc black
                        - East Medal doc
                        - War Merit Cross 2nd class with swords
                        - Sniper Training course graduation doc 1943
                        - Sniper Training course graduation doc 1944 ( the pictured style doc )

The group did not sell at first and was priced down to EUR 1,500.00.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,961 at 05:23 PM on Today.

Working...
                        X