Sniper certificate from vets´son

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sniper certificate from vets´son

I received this last friday form the son of the vet. Unfortunately all other items (exept the medals) were burnt by the soldiers´ wife after the war. This only survived as the vet gave it to his son before the burning took place.

I have never seen one like this - I think its quite rare.
    Attached Files

coooool

Comment

very Nice! I've never seen one before.WR Jim

Comment

Very nice and Rare!! definitely not one of those Schuetzenschnur doc's that folks claim to be sniper docs. Bill

Comment

Great doc - very hard to find

Comment

nice it survived, im more jealous you live in bavaria than of your certificate. i visit berchtesgarden when i can, the country is beautifu, lucky youl

Comment

AMAZING FIND!!

Thank you for sharing!

Best regards,

Ricardo.

Comment

Is this not the doc for shooting proficency?

Comment

No It's for completion of the Sharpshooter's school in Werhkreis I.
                  Jeff

Comment

"Gefreite" is correct? Or "gefreiter"?

Comment

Yes, I agree with you on that score. I sould have been more precise.

Comment

Originally posted by BRENOZ View Post
                        "Gefreite" is correct? Or "gefreiter"?
                        In this case "Gefreite" is correct in german terms - german is a very complicated language...

Comment

Nice catch !!!!

I have never seen such a document before, thanks for sharing it with us.

yours
                          Eric-Jan

Comment

Kudos to you!
                            Great certificate! I think the "sniper patch" appears on the bottom portion of the document, screened into the background.
                            Thank goodness the wife did not burn this item as well.

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by SMV View Post
                              I think the "sniper patch" appears on the bottom portion of the document, screened into the background.
                              Correct, unfortunately I have to hide the eagles´head as it is in the background of the name. There is also the word "Scharfschütze" on this patch printed.

So we have 4 times the word "Scharfschütze" (3 times printed, 1 time on the stamp), as well as the snipers´ patch and the scope on the rifle - so I am quite confident that it is a snipers´ certificate

By the way, thanks for all your kind words so far.

Although I have surfed the web for some hours, I was not able to put a value on that one - I would like to know what I own.

So any idea about its value?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,961 at 05:23 PM on Today.

Working...
                              X