Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ken B. View Post
    Thanks Hank
    But wouldn't these be a little large to be considered cigarette cards?
    6 1/2" x 4 3/4"
    They didn't really come in the cigarette packs. You got a coupon of sorts with a pack, and upon collecting so many of the coupons you could redeem them for packets of pictures that you then affixed in the blank spaces for the photos in the albums themselves. When I came back from Germany in the mid-seventies, I brought back several unopened packets of the pictures for the albums, as well as several filled albums. Oddly enough, I sold the packets of pictures "like hotcakes", while the completed albums lingered. People bought the packets far quicker than the albums (completely filled), and a set of the packets of pictures needed to fill one of the albums sold for me at twice as much as I sold the completed albums for . I supposed people had seen many of the albums, but not nearly as many of the unopened picture packs for the albums.

Ron

Comment

Quote:
      <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by Ron C.
      They didn't really come in the cigarette packs. You got a coupon of sorts with a pack, and upon collecting so many of the coupons you could redeem them for packets of pictures that you then affixed in the blank spaces for the photos in the albums themselves.

Ron

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Now that makes perfect sense.
      Thanks Ron

Comment

Ken,
        these also came "colorized" as well. I have several and they display well with NSDAP or SA items.

Bill H.
        wow, you brought back a neat memory. I too owned the "Animal Kingdom"
        book as a kid, around 1969. I must have looked through that book for hours. As I remember, the pictures were not photographs, but small paintings. The artist's rendering made some of the animals look like creatures from another planet.

SMV

Comment

Originally posted by Don Doering View Post
          The fronts of the cards say Ken B. Collection.
          They are collectible cards commemorating the NAZIs.
          I checked the SS-Dienstalterliste and there was a Ken B. working in the RSHA Propaganda Abteilung. These cards probably were a presentation set that he had in his office when Berlin fell. The German War Graves site has a Ken B. who was KIA on 01 May 45 while defending his card collection against a Russian assault group. He was buried in an unmarked grave with his cards.

Looks like someone has done some spade work recently!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X