EdelweissAntique

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How rare is a by RM Hess dedicated book & photograph?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrianK View Post
    Maybe there are a lot of fake Goebbels & real Hess signatures in the UK, but not for sale through reputable autograph auction houses. Multiple signed photos by the above named personalities are very rare and valuable depite opinions made here. A large Beer Hall Putsch era photograph signed by Hitler & his Henchmen recently sold for $28,000.
    We are not living in the dark ages in the UK. Autographs sold worldwide are also available in the UK. In fact, at least two of the biggest collectors and experts of Third Reich autographs in the world are British.
    Who mentioned multiple signed photos? I am talking about individual items.
    If you believe that reputable auction houses do not sell fakes from time to time (I hope inadvertantly), then you are either new to this game or naiively rely entirely on reputation.
    Max.

Comment

I've just started studying German but as far as I know "to" is not a word. Zum should mean to but it is strange if the message mixes English and German.

Comment

I still say that Goebbels appears more than Hess - you can argue with all the "lesser experts" on whether they are fake -. and still say documents signed by Hitler, Himmler, Goering & Hess can be rare & valuable as to content. Surely even the UKs & possibly the world's greatest expert on TR autogaphs can see that.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianK View Post
          I still say that Goebbels appears more than Hess - you can argue with all the "lesser experts" on whether they are fake -. and still say documents signed by Hitler, Himmler, Goering & Hess can be rare & valuable as to content. Surely even the UKs & possibly the world's greatest expert on TR autogaphs can see that.
          The discussion is about how often these signatures appear, not the value determined by the content. Just what is your level of knowledge in autographs and documents? How long have you been collecting? What have you got in your collection?
          Max.
          Last edited by max history; 08-20-2007, 03:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by max history View Post
            The discussion is about how often these signatures appear, not the value determined by the content. Just what is your level of knowledge in autographs and documents? How long have you been collecting? What have you got in your collection?
            Max.

Let's not let our emotions get the best of us in this discussion. The first 2 questions would be relative to one's knowledge and experience. The last could be relative to the size of one's pocketbook but in no way necessarily a reflection on an individual's knowledge in a particular subject.
            Richard V

Comment

Originally posted by Richard View Post
              Let's not let our emotions get the best of us in this discussion. The first 2 questions would be relative to one's knowledge and experience. The last could be relative to the size of one's pocketbook but in no way necessarily a reflection on an individual's knowledge in a particular subject.
              Richard V
              I don't agree. The questions are perfectly sound in an effort to gauge the level of expertise of a person who has ridiculed my observations in several threads. The third question is intended to discover the area of autograph collecting in which he specializes and has nothing to do with what he can afford.
              Max.

Comment

Sorry if I musunderstood Max. Unfortunately the way it was worded, that's not the way it came accross.
                Richard V

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X