oorlogsspullen

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How rare is a by RM Hess dedicated book & photograph?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How rare is a by RM Hess dedicated book & photograph?

Dear all,

This book (and dedicated picture) where recently found during a renovation of an old house in the town of Velp (Netherlands). It concerns the - rather scarce - Eher Verlag publication on all the speeches to date in 1937 by Reichsminister Rudolf Hess, dated 1937. The book is dedicated as follows:

'To I.G. Erwin Schrott zum Julfest 1937 vom Reichsminister R.Hess'

Next to the book there is also an autgraphed photograph of Rudolf Hess. Both items are unquestionable authentic.

My question, however, how rare is this set? I assume that Hess's signature is quite rare...and this lot has two of those!! Can anyone give me a fair price idea?

Thanks in advance for your kind reactions!

Best regards,

Coco
    Attached Files
    Pls. have also a look at my web-site: www.hiscoll.com

sigpic

Attached Files

sigpic

Comment

Attached Files

sigpic

Comment

Attached Files

sigpic

Comment

Congrats on your 2000 post, sorry but I haven't a clue about the book but as a general guestimation I would think inaround 300 = 450 dolars

Comment

Authentic signatures of Hess are not rare. They appear regularly in auctions and on dealer websites. The book itself is a little rarer. Providing valuations on internet forums is haphazard and can result in many problems. Most people have no real idea and make guesses (see above) which can be misleading. To gain an insight into valuations, you should test the market by monitoring auction houses and/or offering the item to a few dealers and see how much they offer you. The correct valuation will be a bit higher, but they have to make a profit. The real answer is "How much would you accept for the item?", but bare in mind that something is only worth what another is willing to pay.
            Aside from that....a nice find!
            Max.
            Last edited by max history; 07-30-2007, 03:34 AM.

Comment

For the book, please see link.

ZVAB: http://cgi.zvab.com/SESSz21046570201...n&days=&rpp=10

GK

Comment

Good prices for the book alone, but are there also buyers?

Comment

book

Unfortunatley,
                  I`ve found out that unless its a Hitler, Himmler or on that rare occasion Bormann theres not a huge market for TR signatures and can be very difficult for resale at the price one thinks its worth

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Lee View Post
                    Unfortunatley,
                    I`ve found out that unless its a Hitler, Himmler or on that rare occasion Bormann theres not a huge market for TR signatures and can be very difficult for resale at the price one thinks its worth
                    Sorry, but this is not right. Third Reich signatures are a very active market.
                    Max.

Comment

Rarity of Hess signature

I wouldn't say a Hess signatue was "rare". but based on a casual estimate of recent auction appearances, I'd say it turns up less often than Hitler, Himmler, Goering or Goebbels.

Comment

How rare?

Not sure, but I know I do not have one.

Al

Comment

Originally posted by BrianK View Post
                          I wouldn't say a Hess signatue was "rare". but based on a casual estimate of recent auction appearances, I'd say it turns up less often than Hitler, Himmler, Goering or Goebbels.
                          Hitler, Himmler and Göring are common signatures, but very collectable, especially the first two. Hess appears more often than a genuine Goebbels whose signature is commonly faked, especially on photos.
                          Max.

Comment

Originally posted by max history View Post
                            Authentic signatures of Hess are not rare. They appear regularly in auctions and on dealer websites. The book itself is a little rarer. Providing valuations on internet forums is haphazard and can result in many problems. Most people have no real idea and make guesses (see above) which can be misleading. To gain an insight into valuations, you should test the market by monitoring auction houses and/or offering the item to a few dealers and see how much they offer you. The correct valuation will be a bit higher, but they have to make a profit. The real answer is "How much would you accept for the item?", but bare in mind that something is only worth what another is willing to pay.
                            Aside from that....a nice find!
                            Max.
                            I agree with everything said here .... an item like that is always worth as much as you can sell it for and not a penny more and how much that is does of course depend on how and where you are looking to offer it. Good luck in selling it. There will certainly be a good number of people interested in the book and in the signature. Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

Maybe there are a lot of fake Goebbels & real Hess signatures in the UK, but not for sale through reputable autograph auction houses. Multiple signed photos by the above named personalities are very rare and valuable depite opinions made here. A large Beer Hall Putsch era photograph signed by Hitler & his Henchmen recently sold for $28,000.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X