Attention all gebirgsjäger fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attention all gebirgsjäger fans

As I know that there are a few people here who have a huge interest in gebirgsjägers I decided to share this picture. It's a gebirgsjäger on Rhodos, 1945.

Best regards/ Daniel

Nice photo Daniel,

I really like gebirgsjäger stuff but you don't see that much of it, I like the photo more though as it was taken on Rhodos, I find anything wartime related to the Greek Islands really interesting as I have been on holiday to these places a lot of times.

Cheers
    Phil

Comment

I visited Rhodos only once during my honeymoon trip 17 years ago. A paradise it was...

I took a taxi to go round the island, who told me that he was a resistance fighter during the World War II. When I told the story to a friend, he said "everybody was a resistance there." You know what he means. Don't know if the driver really was a resistance or not, but anyway, the really peaceful island was not as peaceful it is today, and not a few lost their lives for their country.

So I've tried to collect Rhodos related stuff too.

Comment

Newspaper on Rhodos.
        Attached Files

Comment

Fahnenjunkerlehrgang Zeugnis.
          Attached Files

Comment

Wehrpaß of Hermann Bettels

Comment

Soldbuch of Georg Albert Schmidt.

Comment

Hi everyone!
                Thanks for sharing the pic, Daniel. It´s a quite interesting graphic document. I´ve hardly seen these sort of GJs´portraits made at that time (1945)
                I find curious his boots. They looks like FJ´s jumpboots... I miss the typical iron studs of Gebirgjägers´boots... Any clue about it?

All the best.
                Óscar.

Comment

Hi Óscar,

These shoes seem to be the normal Wehrmacht Schi-shuhe. Note the square noses and there are only the two small plates on the sides. These were for use with the bindings on the ski's.
                  The reason he's wearing these shoes is the shortage of regular Gebirgsjäger shoes IMO.

Bart

Comment

Nice photo, Daniel. Do you have more from him?

Akira, I am always amazed at the little treasures you manage to pull out of the Takiguchi-Archive!

Rick

Comment

Rhodos

Dear Akira,

To pursue on the subject Rhodos, prayer to put back you in the forum Wehrpass, Soldbuch and Military IDS.

Polux

Post Tenebras Lux

Comment

Hi ,
                        Thought you would like to see these picked up recently in a junk shop original laces and soles,they are marked
                        41 EE19363-2
                        inside the boots

Comment

soles ,original studs.

Comment

Bart: Thanks for your explanation...I was really expecting your expert point of view

Akira: I forgot to comment that your stuff is always surprising (lovely surprising)...

Merdock: Thank you for sharing those boots. After watching them, I think I´ll never mistake again Wehrmacht Schi-shuhe with GJs´boots.

Óscar

Comment

Out of sheer ignorance I have to ask, what identifies this soldier as a GJ?
                              Richard V

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X