LWFD Award Documents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LWFD Award Documents

This past weekend I picked up a set of three documents (Ostmedaille, Verwundetenabzeichen, and Erkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe) belonging to Gefreiter Fritz Behr-Heyder 3./Feld-Regt. 8 Lw. 3.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

#3 The LW Erkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe is signed by XIII Fliegerkorps Generalleunant Meindl
      Attached Files

Comment

Nothing wrong with those. Nice little set. Congrats!

Hank
        Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
        ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Nice early group. Good find Bill.
          Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Hank & Simon,

Thanks! - Bill

Comment

Yes, very interesting set !
              I have only one Inf. Sturm Abz. doc award for a member of Lw Jager Regt. 9.

Comment

Nice Meindl signature

P

Comment

Very nice find Bill.....

I took something from your pic.......
                  Attached Files

Comment

And I have got this ID-disc.....

Cheers
                    Attached Files

Comment

If you are interested, the history of Lw.-Feld-Rgt. 3/Lw.-Div. Meindl is covered in detail in the Antonio Muñoz book, Göring's Grenadiers: the Luftwaffe Felddivisions, pages 335-65. That's 30 pages of text, maps and photos.

Comment

Peter & Luft76

Thank you for your comments. These documents were a late offering to me at the Flonheim show last Sunday.

Francois,

Thank you for your comment and showing your III/FeldRegt. D. LW 3 ID Disc.

BHS1956 - Thank you for the heads up on the reference book...I will certainly be looking for it in the future. I do have two other reference books. The Osprey Men-At-Arms series "Luftwaffe Field Divisions 1941-45" by Kevin Conley Ruffner & Ron Volstad and a German published book "General Meindl und seine Fallschirmjaeger-Vom Sturmreginment zum II. Fallschirmjaegerkorps 1940-1945" by Ernst Martin Winterstein & Hans Jacobs. This book has many maps and photos.
                        Last edited by W Petz; 04-18-2007, 07:01 PM.

Comment

What's going on here, did you sell them already Bill?

http://www.militaria321.com/auktions...tionID=5093795
                          Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Simon,

Very Interesting!!!! No I haven't put them up for sale but apparently there is more than one copy going around. Needless to say I will be contacting the seller where I bought these...man are the fakers getting good. If you had the ones I have in your hands you could swear to god they were original.

Thanks for the heads up!! Bill

Originally posted by Simon orchard View Post
                            What's going on here, did you sell them already Bill?

http://www.militaria321.com/auktions...tionID=5093795

Comment

Not copies Bill, they're the same docs! look at the rips, folds and creases.

If you've got them in hand then it means this seller is selling thin air!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X