No announcement yet.

Foreign Awards to German Soldiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Francois and Eric! Those badges, photos and documents you guys have are are very nice indeed. Here's another try. Estonian? It's in the lower right corner of the tunic.

[ 21 August 2001: Message edited by: Steve in Florida ]

Comment

This is a very interesting topic and a lot of useful information. I love the pilot pics with foreign awards. Attached are some pics of the Order of the Star, Knights Badge, shown above. Also attached is an Order of the Crown, Commodore Badge(?). I think the one award that can not be identified in the photo above (award below the RK, may be the Order of the Star w/swords, Commodore Badge) While in Romania I had the opportunity to acquire several nice cased badges of different degrees produced by the Monetary Ministry and some really nice silver pieces produced by Weiss. I am trying to find my pics of an Observer badge that is very close in style and quality to the Graf pilot badge shown above. (Just for info; the different areas inside the shield on the pilot badge represent the counties within Romania) Thanks for the read!

Comment

Thanks Blake,
        Feel free to post more - I am now waiting for your Romanian observer badge.
        Again, really nice medals (any document?)
        Friendly
        François
        Collection : http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=807895

Comment

God, I waited until my unborn grandchildren graduated from high school for all these to download!

[ 30 August 2001: Message edited by: Rick Lundstrom ]

Comment

Francios, no such luck on obtaining any documents. Rather than belabor the loading time of this page I have posted pics of the observer badge on the following site:

front/back of observer

close up of shield / hinge / catch

The detail to the feathering of the wings is very good... almost makes you think the Germans made this badge. Anyway, thanks for the read!

Comment

Thanks Blake,
              I tend to agree with you as some Foreign badges (especially pilot ones) are encountered with a German maker. Very nice badge that you have shown.
              Back to the topic, is a Hungarian Pilot badge from Jos to illustrate the document shown above. I let him comment.
              iendly
              François

[ 23 September 2001: Message edited by: François SAEZ ]
              Collection : http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=807895

Comment

The Bulgarian piot badge and Soldier's medal awarded to RKT Gunther Hannak, jagdflieger with JG 77

[ 31 August 2001: Message edited by: Andy Hopkins ]

Comment

Hi,
                  Thanks François for posting my pictures.
                  There's not much I know about the Hungarian Pilot Badge,except that I saw it a couple of times on German Flyers jackets,so I want to ask the other forum members if they have any information about that one.
                  The reverse of the badge says:J.Kader.
                  Is it the wearers name?Any other thoughts?
                  Great Topic BTW,I've seen beautiful badges,can't wait to see more of them !

Regards,
                  Jos

Comment

Originally posted by Steve in Florida:
                    <STRONG>Thanks Francois and Eric! Those badges, photos and documents you guys have are are very nice indeed. Here's another try. Estonian? It's in the lower right corner of the tunic.
                    [ 21 August 2001: Message edited by: Steve in Florida ]</STRONG>
                    The badge is indeed Estonian. It's a graduation badge of the reserve officers course.
                    Judging from his insignia, I would guess that this man was in the "Narwa" batallion.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X