No announcement yet.

Any medic vehicles out there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simca 5 cabrio and DKW NZ350, same unit.
    Attached Files

Comment

A beautifully camouflaged Simca 5. As you may have guessed, I love these "toy" cars!
      Kerry.
      Attached Files

Comment

And a real Red Cross Steyr ambulance. I hope that you enjoy these.
        Kerry
        Attached Files

Comment

Nice photos.

Here is a couple more.

Cheers,
          Larry
          Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

A not too common Delahaye 140, cropped from a larger photo.
              Kerry.
              Attached Files

Comment

And a couple of motorcycle combinations,
                Kerry
                Attached Files

Comment

SS-Polizei camo ambulance
                  Attached Files

Comment

Early Opel Blitz?
                    Kerry.
                    Attached Files

Comment

More from the FL126 album. On the move from France to East Prussia in preperation for Barbarossa.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Unloading the vehicles on 7 April 1941 in East Prussia.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Todd:

Excellent photos of rather rare vehicles!!

On the first, seems to be a 1940 Chevrolet civvie truck, rather unusual if it is French as I thought most of the 1940 Chevrolets that went to France went to the military.

Behind that one is another Chevrolet, 1939 or 1940 with a locally built drivers cabin and body and then looks like am Opel Blitz.

The second photo is I believe a beute vehicle from Holland, quite possibly a 1939 Ford. Somewhere I have a photo of such a vehicle and if I can find it I will post it.

Bill

Comment

A few that have not been posted before.

Sorry, the captions did not carry over.

A 1940 Ford of a Volunteer Ambulance Service "Friends" serving in Finland
                            An unknown type serving in the Ethopian campaign (sorry a bit early for this thread) from Holland.
                            Bill
                            Attached Files

Comment

Bill, you are a walking car-encyclopedia! Impressive!

Sanitätstruppe is not my field but many years I could not resist buying a large Konvolut from 4. Feldlazarett / Armee-Sanitäts-Abteilung 552. I don't regret it one bit later. It was not just the early photos of the Westfeldzug but also the many Russian photos showing so many vehicles and this young and dashing officer...

"Vor dem Truppenverbandplatz and die Front"

Comment

Thanks kp.-laporte:

I'm not really that good at it, I have just been collecting materiel for over 50 years.

Here are two more.
                                The Albion is a bit rare but a good representation of British ambulances of the period.

The photo of the Dodges I only present for it's "shock" value.

This is one small batch awaiting shipment of the 22,857 examples of this one single variant of the Dodge WC series.

It kind of puts into perspective the industrial capacity difficulties faced by the Germans and Italians and to a lesser extent the Japanese, due to the nature of the island campaigns. The automotive industries of the US, Canada and the UK plus a fair number of vehicles from Australia and India, completely overwhelmed the capacity of the German and Italian industries and the Japanese automotive industry at the time was almost negligible. Beute vehicles helped to fill the gap but were a supply and repair nightmare.

Anyway, I thought it an interesting photo.

Bill
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X