KC holders on Hoffmann postcards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Der Freiwillige View Post
    Hi, Thanks for your reply. This card has been in the collection of the late father in law of my eldest brother since 1951. He was Eastern Front veteran (ended the war as Oberscharführer in the Freiwilligen Legion Flandern and later Sturmbrigade Langemarck). Even if the card itself is a repro, I guess that the signature itself is genuine. I submitted this to a few autograph experts in Germany and the UK whose overall impression was that the signature was correct. Perhaps it was signed after the war...?
    Why would people reproduce these cards and forget to add the code number?

I've had several KC (Luft, SS and Navy) send me well done copies they signed, a lot nicer to have than some other photos. Not much difference in value of any period for a Dietrich signed photo/postcard, though many are fake. He's one I always avoided as just a minefield.

Comment

Hitler signed postcard

I don't think the signature on the postcard of Hitler with the little girl is genuine. The signature doesn't look right to me the line going down from the "H" in Hitler has a kink or curve in as though its been written slowly and also Hitler didn't often sign postcards he would only sign veru fine photographs of himself. I'm not saying its 100% a fake it just doesn't look right to me. I have about 6 photos/documents that Hitler has signed and the H is always staright.

Comment

A.H. genuine autograph, an ongoing debate...!

Hi, I read your doubts about this particular signature, but then again, while some "healthy" doubt is most of the time justified, it can also lead to becoming overly suspicious whenever this or that particular stroke in a signature is not as it shoudl be... Sorry, "as it should be" is - especially with authographs, a contradiction in terms. One should first of all realize that many cards and/or documents were not signed in comfortable circulstances or during orgazined signing sessions. The circumstances play a significant role. Just try it yourself, and sign ten or twenty times in succession. Are any two exactly, 100% alike? Don't think so. Anyway, this (amongst others from my collection) were confirmed as being correct and genuine. Look at the attached ones as some form of proof that AH signatures can sometimes look odd or display unusual features. Especially the final felicitation card (Julfest) shows a very unusual H in the surname. I guess many would pass on this one! All of these were examined by experts and made it to an auction where they went for a good price!

Feel free to add your comments.
        Cheers,
        Der Freiwillige
        Last edited by Der Freiwillige; 12-05-2009, 03:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by thomasfj64 View Post
          Hi Guys, I recently bought a Hoffmann PK + original ink signature which shows Oberleutnant Marseille. Nr. of the card is R 38. However, the printed name is "Oberleutnant Marsaeille" - obviously not correct. I would highly appreciate if you could check your cards and tell me if there is the same mistake. There is another typ of card (Nr. 1578) with the correct spelling of the name.

Thanks in advance for your well appreciated help

Thomas
          Yes, the first printing of the card all have the misspelling!
          Cheers, Steve
          ----------------------------------------------------------------
          "Next to a battle lost, the saddest thing is a battle won." Arthur Wellesley — Duke of Wellington

Comment

Excellent thread!
            Cheers, Steve
            "Next to a battle lost, the saddest thing is a battle won." Arthur Wellesley — Duke of Wellington

Comment

Comment

Der Freiwillige, Here is the pic from my collection with the same misspelling mate!
                Attached Files
                Cheers, Steve

Comment

Just have a few I did not find mentioned...
                  Attached Files

Comment

another
                    Attached Files

Comment

one more
                      Attached Files

Comment

last one
                        Attached Files

Comment

Winston - The four cards you posted were not published by Hoffmann, but by Roehr. Roehr cards are slightly larger in size than Hoffmann cards and are just as avidly collected. I personally find them more attractive than those published by Hoffmann due to the generally nicer poses and clarity of the images.

Comment

oooops,now that happens when without insight If it disturbs this thread please remove my parts

Thanks for that info!

Comment

Here's a thread related to Roehr cards fyi:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...highlight=rohr

Comment

Thanks again

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X