Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blue Division volunteer

Hello Akira!
    Well, I have to make a call... But the main research will be done on April. I just know my friend has told me. As soon as I get "good information" I´ll make you all know. Sharing his stories will be a great pleasure (for all of us)!
    On the other hand, I´m trying to get my other friend´s letters and various documents (postcards, photos) to scan and post here. They belong to another volunteer dead many years ago.
    Pleased to be "useful"
    All the best. Óscar

Comment

hello,

Nice pictures guys!(the color pictures are very nice!)heres one from an album i have-

yancy
      Attached Files

Comment

flag on a ...boat (?), near the french coast

Comment

Here are 3 belonging to an R-boote flottille based in North Norway.

Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

On convoy protection duty

Flottille officers and SNCOs, note the 'arty' camouflage scheme on the boat in the background.

To Bart

The photo of Gebirgsjäger arriving into port was not taken in Narvik i think. Certainly not during the 1940 campaign (just look at the trees, it was taken in summer not April\May). It seems to be a ferry, perhaps a car ferry looking at the berth it's entering. Quite possibly taken somewhere in North Norway during the summer of 1940.

Regards

Simon
            Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Hi Simon,

The mentioned picture came from a Photo-lot consisting of pictures all taken from operation Weseruebung. Most have captions dated in 1940. The posted picture has the caption "Hafen von Narvik" ( so who am I to argue with the guy that wrote the texts ? ). One of the pictures is of Dietl also captioned "Narvik 1940". Lots of pictures taken from the Erzbahn in Narvik and destructions in that neighborhood.

Any opinions ?

Bart

Comment

Bart
                Well one thing's for certain, it was not taken in April\May 1940 (the first leaves don't even start to appear on trees up here until well into May), i'd put money on summer 1940 though, after the campaign. It could also very well have been taken around Narvik, a local would be able to ID the place exactly but to me it doesn't look like the main harbour but then again i'm more used to seeing photos taken facing the other way(where the iron ore is transferred on to ships). The two places which spring to mind are Beisfjord to the South of town and Straumsnes to the North, that would fit in if it is a car ferry terminal as the main North, South road in Norway had to go through both places, then called Riksvei 50 now known as the E6 but i don't know exactly what either place looked like then.

regards

Simon
                Last edited by Simon O.; 04-23-2003, 03:16 PM.

Comment

Flags on display

If one wants to look at flags on display and in color, I heartily recommend one go to the Time Life site and get into the Jaeger collection. There you will see flags in the field, at funerals such as that of Korpsfuehrer Huhnlein, Reichsparteitage, party events, and all manner of military events. I cannot stress it enough, the jaw dropping pictures that await the person who takes the time to go through the collection

Comment

Here's my contribution;

This is one of a series of three photos of Pionier troops on parade at their barracks.

Gee
                    Attached Files

Comment

here is my first contribution! the first photo
                      is the moment that the 1st gebirgs div rises the flag after taking lemberg! on the 30/6/41

Comment

and the second one the moment they rise the flag over stalino! 20/10/41! I hope you like them.
                        I would not post from the kaukasus because someone already did.regards to all.manuel

Comment

sorry its 3am for me ! here is the photo.

Comment

Hi Manuel,

I would not post from the kaukasus because someone already did
                            I would like to see the pictures you have, never seen enough of these !

Bart

Comment

heres some
                              I think #2 is a very interesting one
                              Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X