Michael Wittmann documents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wittmann

In approximately 1998 I saw his BDC personal file , which cosisted of maybe 4-6 pages, It showed three photos of him , I think his preliminary Knights cross document and his Personalnachweis, I do not know who bought it.
    jim toncar

Comment

There was an exellent work on Wittmann published in the early 90's by Gregory Jones called "Panzerheld".(He published it himself).He contacted many of Wittmanns contemparies,his widow,Frau Helmke,and several post era researchers.In it are misc.documents and his RK w/OLS that his widow has.I believe they are at Pz.Museum Munster? now. Items recovered from the crew of #007 are at the German War graves commision in Kassel. Cheers Steve
      Attached Files

Comment

His RK w/Oakleaves& swords presented to him by Hilter at Obersalzberg, 6/26/1944
        Attached Files

Comment

Wittmann Schwertermappe

Last year I heared from a well known German dealer who had seen the Schwertermappe that he though the item was a reproduction. Well, me personally I did not see it...

What appears very strange to me only is that supposedly they produced a Mappe still for a swordholder who had been torn to pieces a short time after the award had been given to him.

Men like Wisch, Witt or Peiper never saw a OL, X-Mappe and Wittmann as a deadman did?

Wisch never even saw a prelim certificate of his swords beg. 1944...

It is kind of strange I think.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X