No announcement yet.

Recent Photos to share!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well guys, I have been selling some photos and trying to "upgrade" my photo collection. As you can see some photos have been removed from this thread as they are no longer mine to show!

I do have some excellent photos, including some well known generals and action photos, vehicles and more on the way! I think you will enjoy them and I will post them in the appropriate threads. That said, if this thread is getting a little stale, let me know. I don't want to continue if this gets to be annoying...

Here are some pics as a little preview!

First up - Infantry EM studio portrait with EKII. This from another member here! Thank you.
    Attached Files

Comment

I have very little in the way of KM photos, but this is a nice studio portrait of a KM Officer with EKI. This will be part of a display I am planning!
      Attached Files

Comment

Excellent Heer Infantry wedding photo!
        Attached Files

Comment

Last one for now! I think you will recognize this famous Field Marshal.

This is the first of a series of three photos. I will post the others later!
          Attached Files

Comment

I don't think I posted this one before. I sold another photo of the same chap and would love to buy it back. I cannot recall who I sold it to so let me know if you have it and if you are willing to sell it back to me.
            Attached Files

Comment

Mark, of course it's not annoying to see new photos. Just keep on upgrading and sharing! Nice pics

Comment

Tim, Thank You! I just did not want to be too zealous with my posts.

Since you guys are so good today, here is another General!

General der Gebirgsjager Hubert Lanz, seen here as commander of the 1st Gebirgsjager Division. RK 01.10.1940 with Oak Leaves added on 23.12.1942!

This is part of the series of the 1st GJ Division in Russia.
                Attached Files

Comment

recent photos

In 16-2 officers standing up Left General
                  Kurt von Briesen.
                  Harmel

Comment

recent photos

Hi Mark,Photo 139 ref DKiG holder
                    I believe date is wrong
                    I am quiet sure it is Obgfr Alois Kistella
                    awarded his German Cross 25/5/42 serving
                    with 6/74 SR OF 19TH Panzer Division as the
                    officer on the right is GL Gustav Schmidt.
                    I know it is possible that it is the right date as
                    Schmidt was at one time Cmdr of 74th SR but
                    Horst Scheibert has awrd on that date.
                    update it is the May 1942 as I checked my copy
                    of the 19th Panzer Division by Rolf Hinze,I forgot
                    I had it,in the photo in question he is a General
                    Sorry about it being long,should have checked my copy
                    Regards Harmel

Comment

Harmel,

I think you are on with von Briessen! See post #232!

AND you are correct on Obergefreiter Alois Kistella as well. I had the right day and month, but used the wrong year - especially silly as I had the inscription in front of me! 1942! I did not know the Generals name and believed it was the Regimental Commander...

Still need to ID the general (Division Commander) in #65, 66, 67!

Mark
                      Last edited by Mark Mac; 11-05-2006, 11:15 PM.

Comment

photos

Hi Mark,Gen 162 is to me Generalmajor Max Fremery
                        and won his DkiG as Cmdr of 29th(Mot) Infantry Div,
                        I am pretty confident it is him but have been in touch
                        with my right hand man Elwyn for his ID.
                        Harmel

Comment

Hi Alex,

You could well be right. So Mark, your pic did come from someone who served with 71 InfRgt? Your post wasn't explicit.

You could see Fremery aged a lot with the stress of war. There are some pics of him from Akira depicting a Obst Richard Schmidt of 233 Res Rz in Denmark (not GenMj Richard Schmidt unfortunately) somewhere here in the forum. In those pics, Fremery was even older than what here could be him in Mark's pic.

Cheers
                          Elwyn

Comment

Harmel and Elwyn - you Gentlemen have been a big help - as always!

Yes, the post is a little confusing. The picture has NO connection to the 71st Rgt. or 29th Mot. Division as far as I know. It was a single photo purchased on ebay.

When I was posting, I wrote that I had a chance to buy a photo album from the 6th Company, 71st Inf. Rgt. (I have a Waffenrock from this unit). I was merely mentioning it at the time of the post. Unfortunately, I did not get the album...and unfortunately I was not very clear!

Here are two more Generals. The main subject, I am pretty sure is von Manstein. In my opinion he did not look very sharp in his caps, with the exception of his overseas cap. In photos of Manstein in his visor cap, it looks ill fitting...and, IMO, the same goes for this M43. Also note the baton in his left hand. The awards are arranged on his tunic in the fashion that he choose to wear them.

I have no idea on the General behind him and to the rear. Also an RK and Krimschild holder!

It looks like a winter photo - no leaves on the trees and I think you can just make out some snow on the ground in the far center. Perhaps taken around the Kharkov battles?
                            Attached Files

Comment

Recent photos

Hi Mark,the officer behind Manstein is
                              Theodore Busse was a Krim Shield holder
                              KC holder,but what makes it more certain
                              is that on his buttonhole is the ribbon of
                              recipient of Prussian Knights Cross of the
                              Hohenzollern House Order(Swords) which
                              he was awarded 29/7/1918.
                              Harmel

Comment

Harmel! Thanks Again! That one I should have known - especially with the eyeglasses.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 85 users online. 0 members and 85 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X