No announcement yet.

Recent Photos to share!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But just to be equally optimistic, I think there is a good chance that pic#56, the awarder was Philip Kleffel and the awardee was actually von Graffen himself.

Kleffel was the big boss -- kmdr of L Corp. von Graffen was the 58 Div Kmdr and von Pfuhlstein was the 154 Rgt kmdr. Kleffel had a very distinctive chin that looked exactly like that in pic #56. Both v Graffen and von Pfuhlstein were skinny but v Graffen was just a tad bigger and shorter than v Pfuhlstein and had a longer upper torso.

Look at this one pic of Kleffel awarding the RK to v Graffen. Could be of the same series.

Cheers
    Elwyn

Comment

Hi Mark...
      Great photos I unfortunately do not have many generals in my photo collection yet. But I am wondering if you can tell the origin of the officers in #116...from here they look like POA, or Blue Division; judging by their tabs and their headgear. Curious as I do not see many photos of Officers from these divisions.
      Thanks, Darin

Comment

Elwyn, Darin! Thank You!

Elwyn, you are correct about the assumption that #54, 55 and 56 were NOT from the same group. #54 and 55 were purchased together from one seller. #56 was a different purchase altogether. I should have made that clear earlier.

Just for clarification, you think that #54 and #56 are General Karl von Graffen awarding the RK to von Phulstein. #56 is General (Korp Commander) Philip Kleffel awarding the RK to Graffen. This would be a hell of a coincidence if this is the case as both were purchased from different sellers at different times.

Elwyn, that is some great work and much appreciated!

Darin, as far as the Blue Division goes, I do not know. I do not know much at all about the Blue Division. I purchased the photos because I think the General is GFM von Bock. It may be the case if the Blue Division was subordinated to von Bock. I did think that some of the uniforms looked a little different, but that could have been expediency for the weather.

Here are a few photos that should not need any great detective work to find the identity!

First is you know who and I believe Tippelskirch.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Mark Mac; 01-09-2006, 09:38 PM.

Comment

Next I have a number of Officers.

It looks like (from left to right) Manteuffel, Zeitzler, Brauchitsch and Der Fuhrer.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Mark Mac; 01-09-2006, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Goring and Kesselring in Belgium. This was a series of photos. I, unfortunately only got this one of the lot.
            Attached Files

Comment

Here is the Commander of the 4th Gebirgs Division and RKT Hermann Kress. Note the Gebirgs Officer to the left. He is wearing the Edelweiss device, but has spurs on his boots.
              Attached Files

Comment

Last one tonight is an elisted flyer. Very nice, clear photo.
                Attached Files

Comment

Hi Mark!

I think the General in pic 123 is Friedrich Paulus, not Tippelskirch.

Regards,

Comment

recent photos

Hi Marc, photo 124-not sure if it is von Manteuffel,next is Generaloberst Fritsch.Harmel

Comment

Hi!

To follow on from harmel, next to Fritsch is not Brauchitsch but Blomberg.

Regards,

Comment

Originally posted by Darin
                        Hi Mark...
                        Great photos I unfortunately do not have many generals in my photo collection yet. But I am wondering if you can tell the origin of the officers in #116...from here they look like POA, or Blue Division; judging by their tabs and their headgear. Curious as I do not see many photos of Officers from these divisions.
                        Thanks, Darin
                        I would say Hungarian, given his headgear...250 ID never used any kind of badge on their caps or any kind of rank badge on their lapels.
                        Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Mac
                          Now for some RK holders.

The first I originally believed was a post war signed photo. I put it under the black light and no glow. I am not sure now. Can anyone comment on this?

Obergefreiter Otto Riess - GR 55

Correction Riehs. Thanks Phil!

Otto Riehs won the RK while in the 17th Infantry Division. In September 1943 he destroyed 10 enemy tanks in approximately 12 minutes! He was the gun commander for a 7.5 cm PAK crew.
                          Hello Marc
                          Yes, you're right. This is a post war reprint from a postcard belonging to a sery published by Film Foto Verlag (a competitor of the famous Hoffmann company).
                          Its code number is R346.
                          Thanks for sharing these nice photos.
                          Denis

Comment

Denis, Harmel, VJ, FJCM, Thank You for your comments! Much appreciated!

VJ, I am not so sure that #123 is Paulus. The General does not look as old as Paulus does in photos I have compared it with. I still think it MIGHT be von Tippelskirch.
                            Last edited by Mark Mac; 01-13-2006, 10:06 PM.

Comment

I have also taken a closer look at #94. The Officer on the far left looks like he might be Freiherr von Weichs.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Hi Mark!

First of all, you're right about Weichs - definately him. As regards Paulus/Tippelskirch, Tippelskirch was only a year younger than Paulus, which makes the age factor difficult to recognise on any pic. The reason that Paulus looks older on most of his pics is that the majority were taken during and after the hell of Stalingrad. I'm 99,99 per cent certain that it is Paulus.

Best regards,

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 66 users online. 0 members and 66 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X