No announcement yet.

Recent Photos to share!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, Harmel! I just noticed that. I took a closer look at the other officers where visible and did not see this badge on their caps. It does not look like the General has this device either. It may be a clue though!

Thanks Again!

Comment

Some more just came in.

This one shows a column of vehicle advancing through a village that appears to have just been taken or secured enough to move through. I will include the reverse as it is different from any other photo I have. There looks like there was a press photo sticker on the reverse that was ripped off. It does not really look like a press photo caption though...

Jason Marks - take a look. This photo looks to be about the period photo you may be looking for.
      Attached Files

Comment

A closeup of the same photos showing the vehicles. Kubelwagens! Motorcycles! Trucks!
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Mark Mac; 12-11-2005, 11:06 PM.

Comment

...and the reverse.
          Attached Files

Comment

Here is another General and RK winner! This one is a Divisional Commander and is a photograph from 1942.

Any help with identification would be greatly appreciated!
            Attached Files

Comment

...same General with some of this Officers.
              Attached Files

Comment

...and the inspection!
                Attached Files

Comment

Here are a couple from a Heer Oath Ceremony. A very nice, clear photo!

The flag comes out!
                  Attached Files

Comment

...the ceremony! Does this tower look familiar to anyone?
                    Attached Files

Comment

...and a closeup! Another nice, clear photo - professionally done by Hofmann, Friesing.
                      Attached Files

Comment

A couple of new portaits. I really like these kind of photos!

12 Infantry Regt. was part of the 3rd Infantry Division. 3rd Division fought in Luxembourg, Belgium and France. Returned to Germany and was upgraded into the 3rd Motorised Division. Fought in initial battles at Leningrad and was transferred to Army Group Mitte for the drive on Moscow, and fought in the winter defensive battles. Later transferred to Army Group South, fought through the summer offensive of 1942 and entered Stalingrad. Encircled and destroyed. Surviving elements of the 3rd Division helped to form the 386 Motorised Division and the 3rd Panzer Division.

Compliments of Jason Pipes and Feldgrau.

My photos seem to reflect the theme of Encirclement and Destroyed at Stalingrad tune...

Attached Files
                        Last edited by Mark Mac; 11-09-2005, 09:02 PM.

Comment

Another
                          Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

The 54th Infantry Regt. was part of the 18th Infantry Div. This division was fought in the Western battles of 1940. It returned to Germany and was converted to a Motorised division in November 1940. It completed conversion and entered the Eastern Front in July of 1941. I served with the 3rd Panzer Group, Army Group Mitte and then to Army Group North. Was converted into the 18th Panzer Grenadier Divison in June of 1943. Was destroyed in the summer of '44 and surviving elements were absorbed into the 105th Panzer Brigade.

Compliments of Jason Pipes at Feldgrau!

Nice little history and this unit saw much action.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Mark Mac; 11-09-2005, 09:02 PM.

Comment

Last edited by Mark Mac; 11-05-2006, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 75 users online. 0 members and 75 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X