No announcement yet.

Panzermann Photo Grouping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is the last one, I just picked out the ones I thought were interesting from the lot. I hope everyone enjoyed looking, and if anyone can add more info to some of the info on these, I would be very appreciative.
    Attached Files
    Interested in candid/private Hitler, KIA, and Holocaust photos. Also any AH related memorabilia--silverware, linen, crystal, china...
    All the best,
    Chris

Comment

Originally posted by EKman
      #5 I think that is an Afrika CT.
      Looks like a kaninchen to me - sorry couldn't resist.

Nice pics.

Cheers,
      David.
      At Rathau on the Aller, the CO of 5th Royal Tanks advanced on foot to take a cautious look into the town before his tanks moved in. He encountered one of his own officers, a huge Welshman named John Gwilliam who later captained his country's rugby team, 'carrying a small German soldier by the scruff of his neck, not unlike a cat with a mouse.' The Colonel said: 'Why not shoot him?' Gwilliam replied in his mighty Welsh voice: 'Oh no, sir. Much too small.'

Comment

Those are not cufftitles ...they are defects in the photos. I'll take them off your hands at for a few bucks...

Just kidding...they look like members of Panzer Regiment Großdeutschland (the later photo is more obviously an AFRIKA cufftitle), so would be wearing that unit's cufftitle.

Nice photos all around. God job at aquiring these.

If you would like to entertain a sale or possibly a trade on the Großdeutschland pictures (perhaps any for that matter), please do not hesitate to email me at

scottpritchett2@hotmail.com

it is my collecting focus.
        CSP

sigpic

Comment

Chris,
          Awsome pictures.

Chet
          Zinc stinks!

Comment

i believe that the cyphers mentioned are Sutterlin 'A's,indicating panzer reconaissance. they look at first glance like our open lower case 'u'.if that is indeed what they are,how much would that panzer hauptmans wrap be worth? panzer captain+gd+africa cufftitle+panzer recon cyphers=$$$$$

Comment

I love it

Comment

Very good pictures. You don't see that kind of pictures every day.

Comment

Thanks for the info and kind comments guys. I appreciate the offers to take these off my hands, but I think I will keep them in my collection for now. That being said, I don't mind elaborating on what I said at the beginning about getting a good deal on these...at least I think I did. I got the lot of 23 photos from ebay for about $75.
                  Interested in candid/private Hitler, KIA, and Holocaust photos. Also any AH related memorabilia--silverware, linen, crystal, china...
                  All the best,
                  Chris

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X