MilitariaRelicts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SS Docs Grouping of "Das Reich", Opinions ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by InfanterieSammler; 03-11-2006, 05:35 AM.

Comment

The rank and date would indicate Georg Keppler but even if its signed in sutterlin I cannot see it.They also look like a facsimle The Kruger signature looks good IMO,even though he was not offically in command of the division.Mark Yeager would probably have more info.on these.Cheers Steve

Comment

I agree with above mentioned observations. Signature reminds me of Otto Kumm but for sure he was not a Gruppenfuhrer then.

Also many of the stamps are done on location which often means they were less "perfect". Here they are just very beautifully done. I dont even see one folded document. Considering the fact that this soldier appearently took part of a lot af action they are amazingly well preserved.

Im sceptic to the whole group. I cant tell for sure of course. Its also strange that an officers grade Das Reich cuff title is included to a low rank soldier. For sure these flat wires were used by soldiers as well but not that often. I think especially not with a rare flat wire Das Reich.

My observations.

//Felix

Comment

Hi all.

thanks for your comments on the docs. Hhmm, looks like there are some problems with them. Iam glad i posted them here before i bought them. All i can say is that i held them in hand today, they are more damaged and discolored than they look in the pics, i have held some 100´s of Wehrmacht docs in the past and i realy couldnt tell a difference between them and the ones in question. The strange looking Kumm signature was also a red flag to me when i saw them first, but for some reason i dont feel that they are 100% fake

I realy trust you guys on the subject, i just wonder that a faker would need 4-5 different SS stamps, an SS typewriter, nearly perfect blaco docs, and all this for a price were the Cufftitle is worth much more alone

Can anyone tell me were i can get in contact with Mark Yeager ???

I thank you all so much, Jens

Comment

Hi

I would have any problems with the EK document or the others as well. They looks 100 % original to me.

To compare I have attached an original EK document with the same signature.

AJ
            Attached Files

Comment

But AJ, how do you explain the anomaly where Kumm supposedly signes as Gruppenführer, a rank he never held and this in the year 1942?

Comment

AJ ,Who's signature do you believe is on the document? Cheers Steve

Comment

I don't believe thats suppose to be or is Kumm's signature.If these are fakes why screw this detail up?Just my thoughts.cheers Steve

Comment

The Generals' signatures are Georg Keppler (not Otto Kumm) and Walter Krüger.
                    Max.

Comment

Max,Is Kepplers in sutterlin? cheers Steve

Comment

I believe I've only ever seen his signature in this form. I can't say whether or not it's stamped/printed or handwritten, but close examination will tell you.
                        Max.
                        Last edited by max history; 09-11-2005, 03:07 PM.

Comment

By the way, the SS-O'Stubaf. signature is Dr. Edgar Wendel. Depending on the price, this appears to be a nice group.
                          Max.

Comment

I don't know who signed the document, I just know that the document I showed
                            is real and by compairing my document and the ones in questning, I would say for the lot
                            Alex

Comment

Originally posted by AJ
                              I don't know who signed the document, I just know that the document I showed
                              is real and by compairing my document and the ones in questning, I would say for the lot
                              Alex
                              I agree on both accounts (Keppler) Cheers Steve

Comment

Its Kepplers signature! Kai Winkler has one document signed by him for SS Totenkopf division as Brigadefuhrer from 22 July 1941. Same signature and beautiful stamp. This time an ink signature and not this funny bright blue.

This explains a few things and clears the misunderstandings about it being Kumms signature. For you knows the history might investegate the legend of Keppler to confirm this.

Its an amazing condition for documents like these.

Cheers,

Felix

If original, its a major score!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,961 at 05:23 PM on Today.

Working...
                                X