Attached Files

Comment

Here is one with a deer or elk.
      Attached Files

Comment

close-up.
        Attached Files

Comment

Todd's two PK are: Propaganda-Kompanie 637 (duck) and 612 (squirrel). I happen to have the same press photo with elk, haven't had a chance to identify it.

Comment

Oops, shouldn't have written from memory... May be 637 but drawn differently in Schmitz/Thies... I have to remember the rule one, "when it is drawn differently, it is from different unit"...

Comment

Hello Akira et al.
              Thanks for the input all fascinating stuff. I hadn't seen the sign of II Luftnachrichten Regt 203 before.
              The somersaulting figure is called a Dusseldorfer, after a statue in the city apparently. So maybe this sign is from a bridging unit from there

This next version is from an unknown, to me, Luftwaffe unit...

Finally regarding the symbol on the Werner's kettenkrad; isn't it the tactical sign for a recoilless gun?

Comment

Thanks a lot, Richard! http://www.duesseldorf.de/presse/sig...um/index.shtml

And Richard is also correct about recoilless Aty... They had both versions actually!

Comment

Hello,

Does anyone know this unit symbol belongs to? It looks like crossed canons.

Cheers,
                  Larrister
                  Attached Files

Comment

2. Geb Div

The raindeer is for the 2. Geb Div I beleeve.

rolf

Comment

here is a recent purchase with a strange unit emblem...
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hi guys, I need your help with this emblem that was found on a wreck in Bardufoss Norway.
                        It was send to me by my friend "Tor-Helge" on the thread about my Mercedes-Benz LG 3000 Kfz.384 Tanker, also from Bardufoss in the War.

Question: which unit used this marking/emblem.

Maybe it was also on my tanker in the WWII in Norway, who can help?

Hans

Thanks to Tor-Helge for his photos!!
                        Attached Files

Comment

Can anyone identify this one. I am trying to link it to 18.Feld Division (Lw), but would like to know if anyone believes it to be some other unit.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Just bought this pic showing GFM v. Kluge inspecting a heavy grenade launcher unit, Russia 1943. the unit emblem seems to be taped over (see 1944 pic for comparison). a security measure during a troop build up? dont think this has to do anything with a new paint job...
                            richard, thanks for the hint on the kettenkrad tac sign!
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by werner geier; 07-07-2005, 12:30 PM.

Comment

and here is another recent purchase.

I would like to thank all who have posted and please do continue to keep adding to this thread! Mike
                              Attached Files

Comment

Hi all
                                Here are some closeups from an album I have.
                                I would dream this looks like Fallschirmjäger, but the guys look normal Luftwaffe. Does anyone recognise the emblem? I tried to find a match on the wwiidaybyday site but couldn't find one.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X