Post your unknown unit and or tactical emblem photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Calvin,

I will attempt to decypher the emblems for you. I am sure other members will correct me if I am wrong. The emblem on the left is a sign for Cavalry. The emblem on the right is for a Cavalry Bicycle Company (could be recon). The middle one I'm not sure about. It is similar to the Corps Headquarters emblem which is square. So it could denote a Cavalry Bicycle Company attached to Corps Headquarters.

Best regards,
    Larrister

Comment

That's our boy Mike, Bedford MWD or maybe just Bedford MW.

Still a bit baffled by the one on the right but I am closing in on it.

Comment

WOW Bill, My first captured Brit vehicle! Never even thought the wehrmacht had'em.. thanks Inspector and have a great Monday...! Mike
        Originally posted by Bill Murray
        That's our boy Mike, Bedford MWD or maybe just Bedford MW.

Still a bit baffled by the one on the right but I am closing in on it.

Comment

here is another that I have posted in another thread but fits here as well. This is either the emblem for the Flak unit or the barrage ballon unit....
          Attached Files

Comment

Signs identified.

Hello Calvin et al.
            The horse and rider on a disc is the sign of 7 Aufklarungs Abteilung, the blue and white diamond is the emblem of its parent 7 Infanterie Division.
            Nice photo by the way.

RW
            Last edited by Richard Woods; 06-08-2005, 04:53 AM. Reason: no pics

Comment

511 not 537

The eagle and lightning bolts within a circle is the sign of 511 Nachrichten Regiment not 537, the latter's emblem is more upright and on a shield.

RW
              Last edited by Richard Woods; 06-08-2005, 04:50 AM. Reason: no pic

Comment

RW, great work! This is why I started this thread.... Mike
                Originally posted by Richard Woods
                The eagle and lightning bolts within a circle is the sign of 511 Nachrichten Regiment not 537, the latter's emblem is more upright and on a shield.

RW

Comment

RW,

What is the source of the symbols in your thread. Is it possible for you to share it with us.

Best regards,
                  Larrister

Comment

Originally posted by R MICHAEL
                    here is another from my collection..... The trrops around vehicles are SS but I don't think this is an SS unit vehicle...
                    Hi,

This Captured British vehicle is probably a Humber F.W.D. Heavy Utility Car
                    Here is a link to a picture of a preserved one on "Tanxheaven"
                    http://tanxheaven.com/ljs/humbercars...icle,Ursel.JPG

David

Comment

Hallo David:

I agree. That was my firstchoice also but I wanted to check the Morris Commercial CDSW files I had as it has a very similar front end and tyres etc.
                      However all photos I have of the Morrie show an open topped vehicle with canopy top. A good job I think, given the focus of the photo was on people not vehicles.
                      Bill

Comment

Hello Larrister
                        I drew the symbols in my thread. As for sharing you'll have to wait until my proposed book on the subject of truppenkennzeichen sees print.
                        For now as this is a thread for unidentified emblems here are some of my unknowns...

Comment

Teno not SS

"The trrops around vehicles are SS but I don't think this is an SS unit vehicle..."

You're nearly right; the captured british truck was used by a TENO unit ,other vehicles with the same sign have police license plates (eg Pol-65335), and the personel with them wear TENO uniforms.

HTH

RW

Comment

Richard, you very weel could be right on this. thanks for joining the thread! I defintley want to purchase a copy of your book when it is released. So please keep me aware of the publishing date! thanks again! Mike
                            Originally posted by Richard Woods
                            "The trrops around vehicles are SS but I don't think this is an SS unit vehicle..."

You're nearly right; the captured british truck was used by a TENO unit ,other vehicles with the same sign have police license plates (eg Pol-65335), and the personel with them wear TENO uniforms.

HTH

RW

Comment

WH 80449's emblem

The emblems on WH80449 are those of 34 Infanterie Division (shield)and XII Armeekorps (S), I hope someone finds that useful.

RW
                              Last edited by Richard Woods; 06-13-2005, 09:46 AM. Reason: no pic

Comment

Hello RW,

Thanks for your reply. I would be very interested in purchasing a copy of your book.

Cheers,
                                Larrister

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X