No announcement yet.

Post your unknown unit and or tactical emblem photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello all I am wondering about the letters on this LkW. This once cames from a small grouping and all the vehicles that are shown have this or a variation of this. Is it an abbreviation for something instead unit related?

Mike
    Attached Files

Comment

mike,
      look at this thread http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=169090 and posting #11 and you´ll see the same "B G" marking on a Hf711 of the Stabskp. of an artillery unit.
      werner

Comment

Thanks Werner. I take it then these markings may be a designation that was in the wehrmacht that was short a certian terminology. Such as WH for wehrmacht, and WL for luftwaffe, etc.
        If it was for an arty unit maybe the G stands for B(something)-G(geshutz?)

Mike

Comment

Here is anothe recent pickup. I am guessing this may be an emblem for a transport unit as there is a JU52 in the background... Thanks!
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi Mike,

Your symbol is for III/KG 53.

See http://www.battle-of-britain.com/BoB...e_insignia.htm

Cheers

Larry
            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Larry, I was looking for stylised bird emblems. Gos to show you how the brain works.
              Originally posted by Larrister View Post
              Hi Mike,

Your symbol is for III/KG 53.

See www.battle-of-britain.com/BoB2/Squadrons/crests/Luftwaffe/luftwaffe_insignia.htm

Cheers

Larry

Comment

Hi Mike,

Glad to help!

I have the "battle-of-britain" site stored in my Bookmarks folder and remembered the symbol.

Cheers,

Larry

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Woods View Post
                  Hello Akira et al.
                  Thanks for the input all fascinating stuff. I hadn't seen the sign of II Luftnachrichten Regt 203 before. The somersaulting figure is called a Dusseldorfer, after a statue in the city apparently.
                  How right you are! They are called the "Düsseldorfer Radschläger" (=the tumblers from Düsseldorf) and this is an old tradition there. This symbol does does specifically refer to the statue but to the tradition from the middle ages. People tumbled out of joy for a victory against another city and it has been the trademark of Düsseldorf ever since. This symbol can still be found today for various associations or companies. I, as a Prussian, would say that this symbol could not better symbolise the Düsseldorfer! Just like the Berliner Bär symbolises Prussians or the horse the Niedersachsen.

Comment

Originally posted by Maikäfer View Post
                    ... I, as a Prussian, would say that this symbol could not better symbolise the Düsseldorfer! Just like the Berliner Bär symbolises Prussians or the horse the Niedersachsen.
                    Are you serious? The Prussian symbols are the Hohenzollern-Eagle (black) or the red Brandenburgian-Eagle.
                    The black standing bear is (in Germany) Berlin's symbol.

Berliner und Preusse...

Comment

Originally posted by SvenWittnebel View Post
                      Are you serious? The Prussian symbols are the Hohenzollern-Eagle (black) or the red Brandenburgian-Eagle.
                      The black standing bear is (in Germany) Berlin's symbol.

Berliner und Preusse...
                      The eagle is the symbol of the kings of Prussia, the Bär is indeed for Berlin but don't forget who Albrecht der Bär was and which land he colonised ...

Comment

...colonised ...
                        He maybe start a process who need some hundered years...

But if You tell me the bear is a Prussian symbol, OK, I'm able to learn everyday a new fact. An example/source would be nice.

Comment

Akira, one more elephant to add to the herd...
                          w.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Sadly double-exposed, but the "T" emblem over the infantry tactical marking is clear to see. I already considered the "T" to be the tac sign for a Kanonenbatterie, but what sense would 2 tactical markings make? Most probably S******252;dfront 1943/44.
                            w.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by werner geier; 10-22-2006, 03:34 PM.

Comment

Thanks again to all who are adding to this thread!

Here is one That may be a unit emblem, though I am not sure. It looks like the infinity symbol.??
                              Attached Files

Comment

Hello all Here is another new one for to ID.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X