WW2Treasures

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post your unidintified vehicle photos here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Bill,

Thanks very much for the identification. Any ideas about the RHD car in my other photo?

Cheers,
    Larry

Comment

Hi Larry:

So far no luck. It does not appear to be British, so must be French I guess.
      Enlarging the photo, it almost seems like it might be a small pickup as opposed to a passenger car. Also, shot in the dark, the poses look funny, the men, and I wonder if the photo is reversed??
      Bill

Comment

Bill Here is a nice tracked vehicle photo for you. I am guessing it may be French. There are letters running vertically down the grille, and I can only make out "C-T-A- and the last letter E". Mike

Comment

Close up of the door. Looks like it has the tactical marking for a light howitzer batt. Can anyone read the text? Mike
          Attached Files

Comment

Mike:
            Your tractor is Russian and I will have to leave it to others to ID the exact model it is. Sadly, I have a lot of photos of such but not a good reference source.
            Bill

Comment

Bill, here are two more photos from the same unit as the Dodge in my unit emblem thread. As you can see there are quite a few different models. Sadly there isn't any writing on backs to denote possible locations but the buildings are western Eroupean. If you want closeups let me know. Mike
              Attached Files

Comment

Mike:

If you can, closeups would be good. At first glance, they seem to be what I am now calling Benelux vehicles, most likely Belgian or Dutch and there seem to be both Ford and Chevrolet vehicles represented in your photo.
                Nice stuff by the way.
                Regards
                Bill

Comment

Thanks Bill! at least I know what contry it is from..
                  Originally posted by Bill Murray
                  Mike:
                  Your tractor is Russian and I will have to leave it to others to ID the exact model it is. Sadly, I have a lot of photos of such but not a good reference source.
                  Bill
                  Here is the other shot of those vehicles.. Look in the very back at the trucks with the hoods up... Mike
                  Attached Files

Comment

Mike:

As far as I can tell, all are Fords and most likely from Belgium but could also be from Holland.

Hell of a thing to be doing on a Sunday evening, what???
                    Bill

Comment

LOL Bill, Been moving the brother all day plus setting up the two boys bunk beds... time to play..

Here is the first close up.
                      Attached Files

Comment

second close up
                        Attached Files

Comment

Last one for you Bill... Sunday evening fun...
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hi Bill,

I think you are right about it being a pickup. I reversed the photo which of course made the pickup LHD. I then noticed the eagles on their tunics were on the wrong side. Also in the original photo the three men on the right look like they are holding cigaretts in their right hands. When I reversed it they were all holding them in their left hands and the odds of three left handed men sitting together having a smoke would seem slim.

Cheers,
                            Larrister

Comment

Russian Tractor

Hi Mike,

Your Russian tractor is called an S-2 (not the most interesting name ever given out...!).
                              1940 - XI 1941, S-65 based, 1275 made

Here is a link to the Old Timer Gallery for the ID;

http://www.autogallery.org.ru/m/traktora.htm

Cheers
                              Steve

Comment

Mike:

What a great series of photos for one with my interests. Thanks so much!!

OK then: Image 216 shows the whole original line-up and it is all Ford as far as I can tell.
                                Image 218 shows the nose of a ford BB, then a Belgian 1939 Ford van and in the far background several 1940 Ford pickups, also Belgian.
                                Image 220, the far end of 216 shows several more pickups and a couple of passenger cars I cannot make out.
                                Image 221 shows three belgian cargo Fords of 1939 and then a German one according to the one piece windscreen and then another Belgian Ford van.
                                Image 222 once again depicts the 1940 pickups and the nose of the Ford van.

One can only guess, but I wonder if the Germans did not capture an entire Belgian unit intact with their vehicles and presumably without a fight as the vehicles look as new.

Thanks again for the wonderful series.
                                Cheers
                                bill

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 25 users online. 0 members and 25 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X